xxxix. i love you

  THEY HAD BEEN TRAVELLING ON FOOT FOR A WHILE NOW, as harry was desperate to say on the move, and ron was unable to apparate

THEY HAD BEEN TRAVELLING ON FOOT FOR A WHILE NOW, as harry was desperate to say on the move, and ron was unable to apparate. paris was sure it was nearing to the end of october, and it would be her birthday soon. or maybe it already had been. they couldn't tell.

all she knew was that it had been a while, and she worried about her uncle more and more everyday. some days she resented her friends, wishing she had never come along, and left them to go on their death trip alone. but those were the days when it was her turn to look after the horcrux, and she would immediately feel terrible for thinking so afterwards.

it had to be late night or early morning, as it was still dark outside, and there were no birds chirping yet. paris and hermione were practically on top of eachother in the small bed, both of them sleeping together on the bottom bunk of the second bunk bed. hermione's head was in the crook of paris' neck, with the latter holding her from her waist while their legs lay intertwined under the thin duvet.

"paris?" hermione whispered, knowing the brunette was awake as she wasn't making the soft snoring-type sound she usually did while asleep.

"yes, love." paris hummed softly, her eyes opening slightly.

"i love you." hermione burst out suddenly, leaving the other girl silent.

when she got no response back, she repeated herself. "did you hear me, paris, i said i love you?"

paris felt like she had a lump in her throat that she just couldn't swallow down. she knew the time would come soon enough, but she wasn't expecting it to happen right then and there.

the words that she had been thinking about ever since hermione sent that letter. it had been playing on her mind ever since then, but what with the daily occurence of drama and disaster since they had left, it had seemed to slip her mind.

of course she wanted to say she loved hermione back, but for some reason she just couldn't muster the words. instead, she came off sounding like harry, with a simple, emotionless: "brilliant."

"brilliant?" hermione frowned, sitting up and moving from the brunette's chest. "that's all you've got to say? i just told you i love you and your reply is 'brilliant'?"