iii. werewolves and tutors

      THERE WAS AN EXCITED CHATTER IN THE DEFENCE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASSROOM

      THERE WAS AN EXCITED CHATTER IN THE DEFENCE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASSROOM. the students had all enjoyed the previous lesson they had with professor lupin and the boggart, and they were all eager for hopefully another cheerful lesson— which unfortunately, is not what they got.

    professor snape stormed into the classroom, swiftly shutting the windows with his wand as he walked up the aisle towards the projector; the class immediately going silent. "turn to page 394."

     paris kissed her teeth, murmuring under her breath at the arrival of the staid professor. she was particularly un-liked by him— unusually though, as he seemed to favour his own house. but yet, she was.

   "excuse me sir, where's professor lupin?" harry asked.

    "it's not really your concern, is it?" severus replied, looking at the brunette boy with enmity before he continued pacing down the classroom. "suffice to say, your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time."

    upon discovering the contents of page 394, hermione turned around to snape. "but, sir, we've just been learning about red caps and hinkypunks. we're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks—"

   "quiet." snape snapped coldly, making his way back to the front of the classroom after he had turned on the projector. "now, who can tell me the difference between an animagus and a we werewolf?"

   unsurprisingly, hermione's hand shot straight up in the air (as it so often did).

   "no one? how disappointing." the professor smiled, purposely ignoring her.

     paris was whispering with draco about hogsmeade in the quietest voice she could— but snape still heard her.

      "miss lovelace, since you seem so confident about the subject that you deem it okay to talk when you haven't even opened your book— how about you tell us?"