xxiii. situationship

   "UNCLE, CAN I ASK YOU SOMETHING?" paris asked curiously, as she sat on the stairs, tying up her shoe laces

              "yes, of course you can." the man nodded, as he blew out the candles that were sat on the coffee table. "what is it?"

"well..." she took a deep breath. "when we were in the department of mysteries... luna told me she saw a crystal ball— a prophecy. with my name on it." she explained. "and, well—"

"you were wondering if i know what it's about?"

"well, yeah." paris nodded. "if it's about mum."

"i would presume so..." the man agreed, waving away the growing scent from the vanilla candle. "did you look at it?"

"i couldn't— it- it shattered."

mercutio nodded solemnly, as if he was lost in thought. paris could tell he knew something that she didn't, although she hoped she was wrong. "right— let's get going." he said quickly. "i'm sure they'll all be waiting for you." however, paris wasn't planning on letting it go that easy. not ever. and mercutio could sense that. "i'd suggest asking dumbledore about it." he gave in. "i'm sure he'll know something. wise man, that dumbledore."

"LOVE POTIONS, EH?" THE TWINS came up behind the three girls, who had each picked up a bottle and were scanning the label. "they really do work!" they encouraged. "although, the way we hear it sis, you're doing just fine on your own." they looked at ginny, who was now frowning.

"meaning?" she asked, amused.

"are you not currently dating dean thomas?"

"it's none of your business."

"and you two—" fred pointed at hermione and paris. "from what we've heard and witnessed, you are in a bit of a situationship, eh?"