Three

The day almost felt never ending

The day almost felt never ending. The first day of classes was never fun. Maddie was walking out of her class when she saw Caroline come out of Madeye Moody's class. The other Slytherins and Gryffindors filled out behind her. The two girls walked side by side.

"Moody is crazy, I thought poor Neville Longbottom wasn't going to make it out of there alive." Caroline said looking back at Neville who was trotting along. "Moody was going over the three unforgivable curses and Hermione's head almost popped off." She continued.

Maddie narrowed her eyes wondering what was going on in Caroline's class. It made her more fearful of professor Moody. Cedric was walking down the hall not too far from the girls with another girl by his side. Nervously, Caroline looked to see if Maddie was bothered. Somehow Maddie was completely unfazed by the sight of Cedric with Cho, a fifth year Ravenclaw. He sure did have a type. Seeing his friends within a distance he quickly bid his farewells to Cho and ran up to the girls.

"Hey." He said breathlessly looking back to see if Cho was out of sight, he didn't want to hurt Maddie's feelings.

"Cho?" She asked Cedric's face was heating up, "she seems nice."

Caroline wanted to laugh, "she seems nice?" She questioned looking at Maddie, who just nodded awkwardly. "What's up with you two?"

Cedric shrugged with a smirk, "just talking."

She thought hearing about Cedric and Cho Chang would bother her more. Post breakup she figured girls always got upset when their ex boyfriend starts talking to new girls. Maddie just didn't have those feelings towards him anymore. Deep down inside she always knew that they were better as friends.

"Talking? What about lover boy?" Caroline questioned.

"Triwizard Tournament." He said, "I'm putting my name in the cup." He smiled excitedly making Maddie's blood boil. How could he possibly want to put his name in the cup after hearing what Dumbledore had said?

"It's a stupid idea Ced." Caroline rolled her eyes Maddie nodded her head.

"I can't believe you would even think of doing that." Maddie said, Cedric scoffed at the girls.

"Yeah well Maddie you may want to talk to your brother about that." He said.

Maddie stopped dead in her tracks looking at Cedric, "what did you just say?" She questioned. His mouth closed real fast, he had said too much. She looked at Cedric angrily waiting for more information but he wouldn't answer.

Parker Burns was sitting in the courtyard with Lee, George, and Fred when his younger sister came stomping over. He looked at Maddie with a smile and a hello, which was rudely cut off with a slap to the face.

"What was that for?" He exclaimed holding his cheek, his friends began to laugh.

"You are not putting your name in that cup!" She yelled whacking him with her school book fuming with anger. "Will you put the book down and stop hitting me?" He questioned moving away from his angry sister.

George looked at the girl with a smirk on his face every time she whacked the poor boy. Lee couldn't contain his laughter while Fred sat there silently. As Maddie was mid hit with her book, Fred sprung to his feet grabbing the book from her hand. "Stay out of this Fred!" She exclaimed trying to take the book out of his hands. He held the book up higher completely out of her reach, she jumped up and tried to get it but had no luck. "Give me my book back!"

"Not until you calm down." He said keeping the book in his hands.

"Now let's discuss this like rational people." George said looking between the pair of siblings, "your brother could have eternal glory."

"Yeah or he could join our mother." Maddie said not taking her eyes off of Parker.

Parker scoffed at her comment rolling his eyes, "mine your own business Maddalena." He stood up over towering her, "it's time you start living again, she's not coming back."

Maddie's face fell at her brother's words. Silence fell over the group, Fred's arms fell back down by his side. They all looked at Parker with a shocked expression. Fred looked at Maddie who had tears welled in her eyes from Parker's distasteful words.

Fred looked at his friend scolding him, "too far mate." He said shaking his head.

Quickly Maddie took out her wand pointing it at her brother. Fred's eyes widened at the sight of the wand thinking the worst. George quickly stood up attempting to stop her from doing something stupid. Lee sat there enjoying the show.

"Stupefy!" She shouted.

Parker's body went flying through the air of the courtyard and landing harshly on the ground. He groaned as his body met the floor. He turned to his side seeing two pairs of legs , he looked up seeing Cedric and Caroline standing above him.

"And he sticks the landing." Caroline laughed, Parker just groaned in response.

Maddie still angry stomped off the opposite way wanting to be alone. Fred tried to run after her, he still had her book in his hand. George put his hand out in front of his twin stopping him. Fred gave George a confused look, "you weren't staring at Susan last night huh?" Fred's face fell.

"Shut up." He muttered sitting back down on the bench.