Twenty-Four

Maddie sat on the couch in the Hufflepuff common room with both of her brothers as she cried. She was still sitting in her dress as her makeup started to rub off and her hair was coming undone. Parker was too busy fuming with anger and cursing out Fred under his breath. Max was sitting next to Maddie reading Rick's rather Fred's notes.

Parker turned back to his younger siblings with his hands tightly gripping his hair, "I'm going to bust his fucking head open." He said trying not to punch a wall.

"Will you shut up?" Max asked rolling his eyes, "stop with what you're going to do and just calm down." He said knowing his sister was more important than Fred Weasley.

Maddie wiped another tear from her eye with a tissue looking down at the note, "I feel so stupid." She cried out putting her head on Max's shoulder, "and Caroline knew."

Maddie didn't know how long Caroline knew but just the fact she didn't tell her made Maddie so angry. She even went so far as to convince Maddie to cut her feelings off for Fred without even telling her what he had been doing. Maddie couldn't get over the fact that Caroline had heard her talk about Fred and her feelings for him but kept that to herself.

Max put his arm around his sister tightly, "she was only protecting you." He sighed as Maddie sobbed more.

Maddie shook her head, "she's just selfish." She muttered. "She did it because she doesn't like the Weasley's because everything is about her." She said angrily. Max rubbed his sister's back trying to comfort her but he knew deep down it wouldn't help anything. He looked at her face seeing her eyes were puffy and mascara was running down her cheeks.

"It wasn't her secret to tell." Parker piped in, "and it wasn't Susan's either." He said sitting on the table in front of her. He picked the notes up in his hand and began shuffling through them. Parker looked up at his sister who avoided his gaze with all she could. "I'm not mad at you." He said putting a comforting hand on her thigh.

Maddie looked over at him, "you don't have a right to be mad at me anyways." She said roughly getting up from the couch, "I'm going to bed." She sighed walking up the stairs and disappearing from their sight, they didn't stop her.

Parker turned back to Max, "this isn't even Fred's handwriting he can't write for shit, this is George's writing." He sighed throwing the notes down on the table. Parker was beyond frustrated with the twins, how could they do that?

"So is it really George then?" Max asked confused looking at the notes. Parker shook his head.

"No I think George was just helping him," Parker sighed, "I should've known I should've stopped it." He muttered.

Max scoffed looking at his older brother, "it's obvious why this was all a big secret, look at you, you think if Fred came up to you and said 'hey Parker I think I like Maddie' everything would be fine?" He questioned, "and you know what? If you were so protective of Maddie none of this would've happened!" Max exclaimed getting up from the couch.

Parker followed him offended by his words, "like you're not? I remember what you said to Cedric clear as day Max!" He yelled, "you told Cedric if you saw him with Maddie again you would find a way to get him out of Hogwarts for good! And you nearly succeeded." Parker laughed viscously, "stop acting like you're the savior."

Max shook his head in disbelief, "Maddie could barely get out of bed after mom died, I tried to do best by her in that moment." He said but Parker rolled his eyes.

"Are you forgetting that part where Cedric was her best friend? You could've ruined the both of them." Parker said walking out of the portrait hole, Max was following close behind.

"Parker where are you going?" Max questioned as Parker kept walking.

"To the Yule Ball." He stated making Max chase after him.

Caroline sat down alone at a table with her thoughts consuming her. Cedric had tried his best to reassure her that everything would be fine but it was no use. She should have just stayed out of all of it, nothing good ever comes from being around a Weasley.

"Everything okay?" She heard a voice question putting his hand on her shoulder. She looked up and rolled her eyes seeing Blaise standing behind her. She shuttered at his touch.

She looked at him with disgust written all over her face. "If you don't move your arm I'll feed it to Durmstangs." She muttered getting up from the table. Blaise followed her anyways trying to get her attention. "Blaise seriously go away." She said turning back around.

Blaise gave her a sad look, one she knew all too well. The same look he had been giving her since she first found out about him and Katie Bell. Her mind didn't allow her to think of Blaise and Katie together it hurt her too much. She grabbed onto his and gave him a soft smile, "if you don't get away from me now I kill you and then light your body on fire and watch it burn." Blaise just rolled his eyes at her.

This was who she was and Blaise knew her too well. He could tell that behind that sarcastic demeanor there was a sad girl. He broke her and he would have to live with that guilt. Caroline was obviously annoyed it was written all over her face. She didn't want to be here right now and she didn't want to be at Hogwarts anymore. Ron looked over his shoulder with an annoyed Padma by his side. For the moment that his eyes weren't on Hermione he saw Caroline trying to get out of Blaise's grip.

He didn't know what came over him but he jumped to his feet. Harry watched as he stomped his way over to Blaise Zabini in complete shock. The group of three having similar expressions on their face. He didn't care he walked right over to Blaise with an angry expression. "Get your hands off of her." He said sternly.

Caroline's eyes widened when she saw the floppy haired ginger in front of her. Ron's eyes stayed on Blaise who was just as confused as everyone else. He quickly dropped his hands before laughing at Ron in his dress robes. Blaise crossed his arms giving him a tough look but Ron didn't care.

The long haired Slytherin looked at the Gryffindor, "what the hell are you doing?" She questioned, Ron looked at her the color draining from his face. What was he doing?

He cleared his throat awkwardly trying to regain himself, "coming to dance with you of course, pre professor McGonagle's request." He lied taking Caroline's hand and pulling her towards the dance floor.

She was not about to dance to this band playing. Everyone was jumping around happily but she was not going to be one of them. Instead, she pulled Ron by his fluffy collar in a quiet area. She kicked his shin and he winced. "Bloody hell!" He exclaimed.

"This," she said pointing between the both of them, "is not what we do!" She exclaimed as Ron held onto his hurt shin.

"I was being nice." He grumbled.

"Exactly! We don't do that Ron! You don't like me and I don't like you, and frankly your family is yet again ruining my life!" She yelled angrily walking away from him.

Just as she was trying to walk out Parker came running in. She stopped dead in her tracks and Ron stopped closely behind her, they both turned towards Fred. Fred had been sitting at a table with George but George left him to dance with Angelina. He had been picking at the table cloth the entire time. Parker ran up behind him with Max coming in behind Parker. He grabbed at the collar of Fred's shirt and threw him off the chair. Fred jumped to his feet in confusion looking at the angry Burns brother. His heart plummeted as Parker's expression became more angry. This was what he didn't want to happen.

"Parker I-" Parker's first slammed into Fred face taking him by shock. He held his cheek looking over at Max who was now trying to hold back his brother.

Fred didn't care, he let go of his cheek and sent his own punch to Parker. Parker's expression fell he got out of Max's grip and lunged at Fred. The two fought in front of everyone, people screamed as Fred overpowered Parker and was on top of him.

"Fred what the fuck?" George yelled running over, Cedric turned and saw the sight.

Cedric ran over to the scene and tried to get Fred off of Parker. When he succeeded he looked at Fred, "this isn't what she will want." Fred's expression softened with the thought of hurting Maddie again.

He got up with what pride he had left and walked out before Professor McGonagle and Professor Snape could stop him.