Thirty-Two

Maddie's neck was cramped up and she was cold from the breeze hitting her bare legs. The only thing getting her warm was somewhere of weird blanket. She shifted trying to get comfortable and turned the other way. She felt someone's breath hit her face, her eyes opened and she jumped back.

Her quick movement jolted Fred awake. He rubbed his eyes sitting up seeing he was out, he also jumped up upon the realization. They shared a surprised look with each other and looking around to see if anyone was around. 

"Good morning." Fred said wiping the dirt off of his pants Maddie nodded.

"Morning." She said looking over at the courtyard where students were starting to file in.

Fred watched Maddie as she turned towards the school seeing a piece of grass sticking out of her hair. He jogged over to her pulling the piece out laughing and throwing it to the ground. She covered her eyes embarrassed not even thinking about what he hair looked like.

"I like the red by the way." He said taking note of the color difference, "I meant to tell you that." Maddie couldn't help but smile at his compliment.

"Thanks." She said trying to pull herself together before walking into the castle.

Fred looked over at the students not wanting to walk past them. He noticed Maddie's timidness as she walked closer, "I know a passage way, follow me." He said grabbing for her hand, she gladly accepted.

He pulled her towards another way to the castle trying to shield themselves so nobody would notice them. They were ducking behind walls and hiding as people walked past them. Fred didn't let go of Maddie's hand once.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Both Maddie and Fred turned in fear of the voice. Their expressions fell when they saw Cedric and Caroline were walking towards them. "Have a fun night?" Caroline asked with a smirk.

Maddie dropped her hand from Fred's, he frowned slightly looking down. Cedric looked over giving him a nod of acknowledgment. Fred returned it and scratched the back on his neck awkwardly.

"Well I think we can take it from here." Caroline said shooing Fred away.

Fred turned to Maddie, "guess that's my cue." He sighed looking over at her two best friends that didn't seem like they would leave anytime soon.

Maddie nodded, "I'm sorry." She apologized motioning to her friends, Caroline smiled and waved at Fred.

"I'll see you around." He said waving goodbye to her starting to walk down the hall. He stopped in his tracks turning around and walking back to Maddie who had her back turned. He went up behind her and pressed a kiss on her cheek, Maddie jumped turning back around. Her cheeks flushed red and he smiled at her biting his lip while Cedric looked away from the scene. Caroline made a face of disgust. "Now bye." He smiled running off.

Maddie looked back at her friends with a wide smile on her lips. Caroline looked over at Cedric who seemed uncomfortable.

"I want to throw up but I also want to cry." Caroline said looking at her best friend's happy expression.

"I'm with you on throwing up." Cedric said nodding.

Caroline turned to him, "we literally walked in on you and-"

"Enough." Maddie said her smile fading from her face, "I don't want to hear another word, you both are going to be supportive correct?" She questioned, the two nodded.

"Yes ma'am." Caroline saluted.

Maddie turned towards Cedric, "and you don't get to be jealous you're with Cho." She said boldly, Cedric stayed quiet.