Four

The Hufflepuff common room was one of the only places Maddie could always find herself at peace

The Hufflepuff common room was one of the only places Maddie could always find herself at peace. She loved nothing more than the bright colors and the sunlight that was almost always peaking out through the windows lining the room. In her darkest moments the thought of this room could lift her spirits. Oh how she just wished that she could have sat in this room after her mom passed. 

The dormitory was completely silent, everyone was either finishing up class or meeting up with their friends. Usually she would go sit outside with Caroline but she couldn't show her face after what had just happened with Parker. She sat on the couch letting out a deep sigh before the tears started falling down her face. 

It wasn't the silent kind of cry you could easily hide. Maddie's emotions came out and were not holding back. She couldn't make it stop or silence the sounds of her sobs. Fearing that someone would come in Maddie ran to the girl's dorms. She quickly grabbed a towel deciding she could cry in the shower without anyone noticing. 

She turned the water on discarding her clothes and quickly stepped under the hot water. Something about the hot water hitting her skin was slightly comforting. She didn't care how loud she was crying feeling as though nobody could hear her over the running water. She continued to cry until there was no more tears able to come out. Her head was pounding from how hard she was crying. 

She turned the water off grabbing the towel from the hook. She tried off her body and reached for her clothes, there was nothing there. She opened the shower curtain to find she didn't bring her clothes. She groaned angrily before wrapping her yellow towel around her body with her hair sopping wet. 

She held onto her towel tightly praying it wouldn't come open. She sniffled slightly walking out of the bathroom. Her body hit something hard making her step back. Maddie looked up seeing none other than the back of a Weasley twin. 

"Oh shit-" Fred turned around to see Maddie is nothing but a towel, his eyes widened. Maddie screamed seeing his face making him scream in return. He quickly put her book in front of his face closing his eyes. Maddie tried to cover her body with her arms getting a tighter grip on her towel. 

"What are you doing in here? How did you even get in?" She exclaimed turning around so he couldn't see the front of her. 

"Secret tunnels!" He exclaimed eyes still shut. 

"Why are you here?" She questioned turning her head seeing her book in his hands, "oh my book." She said turning around, he removed the book from his eyes. 

"That and I wanted to see if you were okay." He sighed as she took the book. 

She nodded, "yes I am fine thank you, now could you please." She said motioning to the towel.

"Could I please what?" He asked confused. 

"Get out!" She exclaimed, he remembered instantly that she wasn't clothed. He nodded profusely, "I'm so sorry." He said running out of the Hufflepuff dorms. He walked straight out of the common room door not caring about his secret passage. 

George was coming up the stairs when he saw his brother frantically coming out from the Hufflepuff's door. Fred walked down the steps hoping that nobody had seen him but when his eyes met his twins he knew he was screwed. George raised his eyebrow waiting for an explanation as Fred walked towards him.

"I'm going to bloody Azkaban." Fred muttered, "I went to give her back her book and see if she was okay, she was coming out of the shower!" 

George laughed at Fred's embarrassment, "I'm telling Parker." Fred whacked his brother instantly at the thought of Parker finding out he walked in on Maddie coming out of the shower. 

"You keep your bloody mouth shut or I'll oblivate you from everyone's memories." Fred threatened George laughed again, "you can't live without me." He reasoned. 

"I'll find a way." Fred rolled his eyes as they walked down the halls together.