Eighteen

Estella ran down the stairs and straight into the Great Hall where both Maddie and Cedric were chatting and enjoying their breakfast. With a swift jump Estella ran on the table, the Hufflepuffs groaning and yelling at the cat for getting in their way or stepping on their foot. The grey cat just turned towards them and hissed making them shut up.

Just like Fetty does, Estella dropped a note in front of Maddie. Cedric raised his eyebrow peeking over at the note but soon recognizing the handwriting. Maddie opened the note and Estella jumped from the table onto the ground. Ron Weasley was walking back to his table and saw the cat, he knelt down to pet her. She hissed as he came close, he knew immediately who's cat it was.

"Even her cat is evil." He muttered looking at the cat run away.

Maddie read the note carefully.

Maddie
Get your ass to the Slytherin common room ASAP

As instructed Maddie within minutes was standing in front of the Slytherin portrait hole. The portrait eyeing her with complete judgement. She avoided eye contact but she could still feel the portrait grilling her.

The portrait hole opened and Maddie was sucked in. Caroline pulled her arm and ran to her dorm, she stopped when they were in front of her bed. Maddie looked over at Caroline who seemed way to happy, she pointed at the boxes on her bed.

"Will sent you a gift." She said Maddie was surprised.

"Oh he didn't need to." She laughed walking over to the box with her name on it.

Caroline smiled, "open it." Maddie nodded opening the box, she grabbed the card first.

Maddalena,
Your dad didn't know what to pick out for you, so my friend helped out.
William Reeves

She pulled out the pink and white tissue paper until she saw the pink tulle. Her jaw dropped as her eyes laid on the light pink dress. She looked over at Caroline who was already smiling. Maddie took the dress out of the box in complete awe.

She took in every aspect of the dress it was simply beautiful. The dress was a sheer corset top that flowed down in light pink tulle. "I owe your brother my life."

Caroline laughed placing her dress back in the box

Caroline laughed placing her dress back in the box. Maddie wanted to be buried in this dress, it was so nice she didn't want to put it away.

She imagined herself dancing with Fred through the Great Hall during the dance. They would dance the whole night together enjoying each other's presence. She wished her dreams could be a reality but they couldn't be. He would always be Parker's best friend and her his little sister. Plus, her own friends didn't like him.

Her mind wandered to Rick, her secret admirer. She wanted so badly to know who he was. She needed to stop fantasizing over Fred and their odd encounters that didn't mean anything. There was someone out there who actually was taking the time to get to know her, even if it was through paper and her cat. She did feel as though it was pretty romantic.