Twenty

"How are you still going to go with Katie Bell and not me?" Caroline exclaimed at Parker.

Here Maddie was sitting in the Gryffindor common room with Parker, Max, and Caroline as she tried to get Parker to take her to the Yule Ball. To say Caroline was not happy about George Weasley taking her best friend to the dance was an understatement. The moment she found out she nearly bursted with anger.

Parker rolled his eyes, "because Katie didn't cheat on me we were never officially together." He tried to reason.

"Oh so you just let anyone in your pants then?" Caroline questioned making Max laugh.

Parker just rolled his eyes at her standing his ground. He was not going with Caroline and she couldn't convince him to anyways. She groaned sitting down on the couch with a puss on her face, her mother always scolded her for that look.

"And how are you two okay with her going with George Weasley?" She questioned, the both of them shrugged.

"Because it's George." Max answered honestly.

Parker nodded in agreement to his younger brother, "if it was Fred then we would've had more of a problem." He said making Maddie roll her eyes.

Caroline sat back with a smirk plastering her lips, "hmm interesting." Maddie looked Caroline's way warning her to stop.

As more Gryffindors started filing in after classes Fred, George, Lee, and Angelina walked in. Maddie shifted uncomfortably in her seat as Fred came closer. He sat on the arm of the couch closest to Parker while Lee chose a spot on the ground, George sat on the arm of Maddie's chair, and Angelina sat on the chair opposite of Maddie.

"Make yourselves comfortable." Caroline rolled her eyes not liking the Weasley intrusion.

Lee laughed looking at her as if she was crazy, "I'm sorry I forgot that this was the Slytherin common room." He shrugged laying down on the floor and making himself very comfortable, "if only I had a blanket."

George squinted his eyes at the Slytherin, "why are you here anyways don't you loathe us?" He questioned.

She played with the bottom of her skirt avoiding eye contact, "I was trying to convince Parker to go to the Yule Ball with me." She mumbled they all laughed at her, "I don't know what's so funny about that Weasels."

Fred smirked, "well I have the perfect date for you." He laughed getting up and disappearing.

Maddie watch as he disappeared towards the dorm rooms. She turned back to seeing Angelina looking at her intently, she gave her an awkward smile which Angelina returned. "So Maddie, we were talking about us four meeting up before the ball so we can all go together." She said.

Maddie furrowed her brows, "who's we?" She laughed breathlessly.

"Fred, George, and I." She said, Maddie looked up at George who shrugged clearly not caring much about plans.

"Uh uh uh, I don't think so." Caroline interjected putting a finger up, "Maddie and I have a plan that fits zero Weasels." She said making Angelina laugh.

Fred came down the stairs with his hand gripping the back of an annoyed Ron. His long hair covering his eyes barely letting him see where he was walking. Fred laughed his whole way to the couch as he presented Caroline's option. Her face fell and his annoyance grew to anger.

"No!" They both yelled looking at one another.

"I would rather die." Ron muttered looking at the girl.

Caroline stood up crossing her arms, "I'm quite offended you would think I would be so desperate enough to go to the Yule Ball with someone like him." She said looking at Fred. "Even Crabbe would be better than him."