Thirty-Four

"Are you delusional Weasel?" Caroline asked sitting on the floor of the boy's dorm. The two had been going back and forth with each other for fifteen minutes before calming down and taking seats on the floor.

Ron gave her a look before pulling out a bottle of a brown liquid. He poured a small amount in another cup and passed it to Caroline. She smelt it, her nose going up with the terrible smell. She pinched her nose a swigged it back. The bitterness making her gag as she always did when she drank anything that had an ounce of alcohol in it.

"Oh that's disgusting." She said coughing to which Ron laughed taking a sip of his own and not even making a face.

"Can you two shut up?" Seamus snapped looking up, "some people are trying to sleep." He grunted throwing the comforter over his head.

Ron looked over at Caroline, "come with me." He said motioning her over to the bathroom.

"I am not sitting in your dirty bathroom." She scoffed rolling her eyes. Ron rolled his eyes opening his trunk and taking out a spare blanket. He opened the bathroom door and laid the blanket on the ground. She looked at the ground disgustedly before sitting against the wall on the blanket.

Ron sat across from her, there was a good distance between the two. He took another small sip of his drink not breaking eye contact with her, "so tell me how am I delusional."

Caroline shrugged, "your friend has a crush on you." Ron furrowed his brow making a face.

"Harry?" He questioned looking in shock.

Caroline looked at him as if he was stupid, "you really are blind aren't you? No Hermione." Ron's face fell before he started to laugh, Caroline's serious face made him stop.

"N-no." He said shaking his head but Caroline nodded, "you're messing with me."

"Would I ever?" She questioned, Ron nodded. "When I said the sex thing she looked at you." She shrugged.

"Maybe she just wants to sleep with me." He suggested but Caroline shook her head.

"She always looks at you a little longer than she should and that Lavender girl gets giddy every time you even open your mouth." Caroline laughed making Ron laugh.

Ron's face turned serious looking at Caroline who was still giggling, "do you ever get scared you'll end up alone?" He questioned.

Her giggles stopped as she leaned onto her right knee, "how could you ever be alone? You're surrounded by people." Caroline said curiously wondering what his point was.

He got up from his spot and sat next to Caroline on the blanket. Surprisingly, she moved over so he had more room. Ron shrugged in response to the question, "I always feel alone though."

Caroline nodded in agreement, "me too." She said playing with her ring. She sighed leaning her head against the wall, "but I didn't grow up with siblings that were around or even parents that were around."

Ron looked over at her confused, "I thought you were close with your family?" He questioned.

Caroline shrugged not looking at him, "I had an older brother, besides Will, he died and my parents had me as a way to fill the void but I didn't change anything, so then one thing I was born to do I failed at." She explained looking over at him, "what's your story?" She asked making him laugh.

He looked away from her looking up at the ceiling, "let's see," he sighed, "my family is the laughing stock of all Purebloods, I seem to constantly live in the shadow of my best friend; my mom even makes it obvious that she prefers him over me, and I'll never live up to be anything close to Harry or my oldest brothers," he said looking back at Caroline, "but you still got me beat."