Twenty-Nine

"She has a fear of deep water and it was their bright idea to drown three of their own students AND a child?" Maddie heard someone yell rather loudly. Her head was pounding so badly and it didn't seem like it was going to go away anytime soon. Her throat burned too, she needed a drink.

Her eyes slowly started opening as she shifted her body from side to side. She blinked a few times due to the bright light hurting her eyes. She saw Max sitting by her side rolling his eyes while Parker was pacing the room. Max's attention turned to Maddie with wide eyes seeing his sister awake.

"You okay? You need anything?" He said quickly jumping to his feet in excitement.

She looked over at him confused, "water?" She furrowed her brows out of confusion. Her voice noticeably coarse more than it ever had been before.

Max nodded grabbing the cup Madam Pomfrey had left out. He handed it to Maddie who gladly accepted sipping it thankfully. Parker took notice that Maddie was up and rushed to her side.

"I'm going to set this place on fire for what Dumbledore did to you." Parker threatened angrily but Maddie shook her head. "No they drowned four people for some stupid task! And he's not even here to check up on you? None of them have!" Parker exclaimed.

Max furrowed his brow, "you kicked Crouch out the second he walked through the door." Parker looked over at him giving him a look to shut his mouth immediately. Maddie put her hand over Parker's trying to comfort him.

"It's okay." She tried to tell him but he just shook his head.

"No it's fucked up, wait until dad gets a load of this." Parker laughed cynically shaking his head. 

Max sighed, "madam Pomfrey already sent him a notice." Maddie's eyes widened looking at him.

"Why would they do that? They can't bother him with that-" Maddie tried to reason.

"She sends everyone's parents a notice it's going to be fine." Max explained trying to console her worries.

It was no use in Maddie's head, it would just be another thing that her dad would have to worry about. It was bad enough he was all alone grieving the loss of his wife but now this? The panic that would fall over Jamie Burns when he read Madam Pomfrey's note.

Maddie groaned sinking back into the pillow annoyed. She turned her head seeing Madam Pomfrey coming closer to her. Maddie rolled her eyes huffing as she checked Maddie's chart.

"Ms. Burns I'm glad to see you're up, you got a little overwhelmed-"

"A little?" Parker questioned but Madam Pomfrey ignored his comment.

"You passed out you have no damage and you are free to go when you feel best." She said sternly giving Parker a look before walking away.

Parker looked over at Maddie, "you want us to walk you back to your dorm?" He asked Maddie nodded getting up from the bed.

Both brothers rushed to her side as she rose to her feet. She looked over at them annoyed, "you don't need to hold my hand." She muttered stretching as she stood feeling extremely cramped up. The brothers nodded taking a step back from their sister.

They walked primarily in silence with only a few chances of small talk. Maddie's dirty looks quickly shut them up as they neared closer to the portrait. "I can take it from here thank you." She said quickly whispering the password and disappearing out of their sight. They shared a look and sighed before walking away from the portrait.

Maddie groggily walked up to her dorm finding herself alone, this was usual at this point. Her eyes became alert as she saw her pink Yule Ball dress laid out on her bed. She furrowed her brows looking at the tulle dress she never wanted to look at again. She walked closer to it, next to the dress was Fetty. He was looking too smug with a note under his paw.