Twenty-Two

Maddie stuck that last pins in her hair making sure that there would be no hair falling out. She finished her hair by spraying hair spray and making sure everything was in place. She looked at the clock, she had ten minutes to get to the Gryffindor common room on time.

"Shit!" She yelled running into her room and grabbing the dress off of her bedpost. She quickly stepped into the dress making sure it was situated. She tried her best to zip it up herself but failing miserably.

"Need help?" Maddie turned around seeing Cedric standing their in his dress robes. She smiled at him and nodded motioning for him to come in.

"Don't you look handsome." She said turning around so he could zip her up.

Cedric smiled zipping the dress, "and you look amazing."

"Why thank you." They both turned seeing Caroline walk in and do a spin in her dress. Maddie and Cedric rolled their eyes laughing.

"You need to cut your hair." Cedric muttered zipping the dress up tightly. Caroline gasped taking ahold of her long hair that was nearly touching her butt.

Maddie nodded in agreement, "chop chop chop." She said making Caroline roll her eyes.

"Ced let's get going." Anthony said popping his head into the room.

"Wait!" Maddie yelled pulling out a small little camera handing it to Anthony, "take a picture of us." Her two friends looked at the weird shaped object Maddie shrugged, "muggle camera." She said realization hitting them.

Anthony groaned taking the camera as Maddie grabbed her friends. Cedric positioned himself in the middle putting his arms around his two best friends. He towered over them by being so much taller than the both of them.

"I want to have these memories." Maddie said smiling as the flash went off. "Let me just go finish up and then we can go." She said to Caroline nodded sitting down on her bed.

Getting a moment to herself again, Maddie walked to the bathroom and closed the door. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. She wanted to pinch herself as if the way she looked was a dream. She felt like a princess out of a fairytale.

"Uh Maddie? I think you got another note." Caroline said knocking on the bathroom door. Maddie furrowed her brows and opened the door, Caroline held the note up to her. She took it opening it.

Lena,
I hate to interrupt our game but tonight is the Yule Ball and I know you will look so beautiful. I wanted to ask you but I didn't have enough courage to do so because honestly I'm a coward. So now I will have to watch as you enjoy your night with someone else. It made me realize that you deserve so much more than someone who will watch on the outskirts and never make a move. So with that being said, this is my last note. I really enjoyed this but I cannot continue anymore.
Rick

Maddie's heart dropped slightly, she really enjoyed the little notes from whoever Rick was. Though she never even imagine who he could possibly be, he made her feel more confident in herself. She wasn't going to cry nor did she really feel all that upset. She would however miss the adrenaline rush she got from the notes with the mystery behind it all.

She handed the note to Caroline to read. Her smile soon faded as she read his words she frowned. Maddie shrugged in response walking out of the bathroom, "nothing to be upset about I didn't even know who he was anyways." Maddie sighed.

"I know but if you did do you think you'd ever go for it?" She asked following her back by her bed but Maddie shook her head in response.

"I'm not going to pine over someone who doesn't want me or makes me question if they-"