Thirty

With a big grin on his face the tall Gryffindor walked back to his house after walking Maddie to the Hufflepuff house. They had just sat and talked about their lives for a little while looking out at the moon. He felt like a million bucks. He was thankful for both Cedric and Caroline for not letting him give up so easily.

Fred walked into the common room seeing George sitting by the fire with Ron, Harry, and Hermione. They were all chatting about something and they all shared a confused look at him with his outfit. He didn't care and sat with them anyways not even noticing their odd looks.

"Little over dressed are we Freddie?" George asked but Fred shook his head.

Ron furrowed his brows towards his older brother, "why are you so happy?" He asked.

"I got the girl." He smiled to himself, all their eyes widened in disbelief.

Harry was amazed with the older Weasley twin, "how'd you do it?" He asked.

"What happened to giving up?" George asked.

"I thought you were going to just go for Angelina?" Ron asked.

"Are you dating?" Hermione asked.

Fred looked between all of them intrigued by all their questions, "children, children, enough with the questions, a good magician never gives away his tricks-"

George chuckled, "all it took was for you to talk to her huh Freddie? I told you from the beginning." The other twin gloated.

"This isn't about you George." Hermione pointed out before looking to Fred, "so tell us what happened?" She asked interested.

Fred sat back looking up at the ceiling thinking of Maddie, "Caroline and I set up the astronomy tower," Ron rolled his eyes at the mere thought of the Slytherin helping anyone but herself, "I thought she wasn't going to come but Caroline got her and then there she was, she must've just woken up because she was in her pajamas." Fred laughed thinking about her gray pajama pants and black tank top, "she had these cheetah print slippers on it was kind of funny." Ron seemed unimpressed by the weird expression on his face.

"I think Fred's in love." Ron laughed everyone nodded in agreement.

Fred sighed still staring at the ceiling, "and then we danced."

Hermione's heart fluttered at his words, "that's so romantic." She said looking over at Ron quickly, who didn't notice her shot gaze.

"I told her I was going to stop but I wanted to give her the Yule Ball she deserves, but she told me she didn't want me to stop." He added, "then we just talked."

Harry smirked, "so you kiss her?" He raised an eyebrow. Fred shot up looking at Harry with his smile fading.

"Oh young Potter, it wasn't time." Fred said putting a finger up, "I will know when the time is right."

"Wouldn't you think dancing with her would be the best time?" George questioned.

Fred nodded, "I kissed her head twice." He said while the rest of them laughed, Fred didn't understand.

"Awe little baby kissed her head." George joked pinching Fred's cheeks, Fred smacked his hand away fake laughing.

"You're so funny!" Fred exclaimed giving George a smack to the back of the head.

Their attention turned to the orange Tabby cat running into the room, just the way Fred had taught him. To say the golden trio was confused when the cat jumped right up to Fred with an envelope in his mouth would be an understatement. George on the other hand just pet the cat happily. Fred smirked taking the envelope from Fetty and opened it as the others watched him read.

Dear Fred,

I guess it was bound to happen that I would write you back but this time as you. I want to thank you for everything from the time that you saw me on the train crying to this very night. I meant it when I said that you've made me feel alive again. I thought I lost that feeling of adrenaline for forever. I find myself continuously drawn by you and I can't help but think of you all the time. I've so nervous to even talk to you and I understand why you did what you did. I was flattered that I had a secret admirer.

I think the night of the Yule Ball I just lost my mind. I had been so hung up on you and all along it had been you. I shouldn't have blown up that way and I'm sorry for doing so. If I were you I would've just given up but you didn't. You don't give yourself enough credit. This is also so new for me, you were always my brother's best friend. At first I was so scared I would ruin that friendship for you but he's such a hot head that I don't think it would matter. He would be mad if you even looked my way.

Even after he started a fight with you at the Yule Ball of all places you still gave me a do over. You're special Fred and I appreciate you to a whole new level. I want to "figure this out" with you if you're still up for that. I don't want to keep this a secret from my friends but I don't want my brothers to find out just yet. So keep it limited for now until it gets too hard? Meet me in the courtyard tomorrow night after dinner?

Lena

P.S thanks for turning my bracelet gold Rick.

Fred face lit up more as he read further down the letter which was noticeable to the group. None of them had ever seen Fred Weasley so into a girl that his brain would literally shut off. He was always so confident and sometimes came off as an asshole to girls which made them want him more. George had been the only one to see his brother's transformation since the day he first talked to Maddie. Ron never thought he was capable of being like this.

Fred's eyes shot up looking at the group, "you tell anyone you're dead." He threatened pulling Fetty close to him, "her brothers can't find out." He said, they all nodded, "that means you too blabber mouth." He said looking over at Ron who was offended.

"Blabber mouth?" Ron questioned.

"You told everyone Zabini cheated." Fred said and Ron shut up instantly.

Hermione smiled petting Fetty, "your secret is safe." She said looking up at Fred who smiled.

"Thank you." He said rereading his letter from Maddie.