1 x 4

Kylee: No offense, but I think you're being dramatic.

After a whole morning of spilling my guts to Kylee, she didn't seem to register any of it. I sat behind my counter on a mostly empty day at the salon organizing my dips, not feeling any better from the night before, while Kylee sat at her's, cleaning her utensils.

Me: How am I the dramatic one?

Kylee: Because Namjoon wouldn't cheat on you.

Me: Then why would Minseo be there and do...that?

Kylee: To mess with you, Nari. I did not go to that fucking party last night a listen to Namjoon tell a hundred people how much "he loves you more than love" and call me single in seven different langauges for you to look me in the eye and say that you're scared about him cheating.

Me: You didn't see them-

Kylee: Look, if this was any other situation, I would tell you to give the ring back.

Me: How is this any different?

Kylee: Because you two are the farthest thing from a toxic couple!

Me: But-

Kylee: No, there is no fucking buts. Has he ever lied to you?

Me: Once...

Kylee: Only once. Did he intend on ever telling you?

Me: He said he did.

Kylee: He lied once with intentions of coming clean, before you two were offically a thing, like...five fucking years ago and that's what you're using to justify being upset?

Me: When you put it like that-

Kylee: There is no other way to put it. Nari, you have what every person dreams of having. You have a guy that's sweet, a guy that's tough, a feminist who likes to pay for stuff, a guys that gets along with me without being attracted to me. You're distrusting the wrong person.

Me: I still feel sick to my stomach.

Kylee: I'm sorry, baby. But I don't see a reason for you to not believe him. What time did your friends say they were coming in?

Me: They're gonna be here in any minute.

To speak of the devil, Peach and Sooji came in seconds after Kylee had gotten up from her freshly prepared station. I couldn't really fix my face to come off as more welcoming because my guts are still in knots.

But it's ok. Hopefully they won't notice anything off about me.

Sooji: Hello, future Mrs. Kim.

Me: Hi, guys.

Peach: Congrats again, Nari.

Me: Thanks. Which one of you is giving me their money?

Sooji: Me~

Me: Have a seat, hun.

Sooji: Wait...I'm not doing acrylics. I'm just getting a manny.

Me: *sighing* Broke ass.

Sooji: *laughing* I don't have time to do a full set, I have to a shoot at two.

Peach: Who are you styling again?

Sooji: Consulting. I'm a consultant. But it's this model named...like...Choi Joohyun is my latest client.

Me: And what is she like?

Sooji: Eh. She's not bad, but she's a little dim. Very pretty though. But I'm going to be working with her for a few weeks. She won't bother me too much.