1 x 14

Monday, I promised both myself and Kylee that I'll go by the house to talk to Namjoon. I made it my first priority when I got off of work, but when I got there, it was empty. Which was strange, because he's usually home early on Mondays.

To top off the series of unusual things in the house, the back window next to the patio door was wide open. We haven't opened that window in years because the screen behind it broke, and let bugs come in the house. I slammed it shut and latched it close and headed upstairs to drop my packed bag in the closet.

I took off my blazer and hanged it up, catching a glare off the mirror, coming from under the bed. Turning around and tilting my head, I squatted down and picked up a big diamond stud that for some reason bothered me so much.

Where do I know it from...?

It hit me. The out of body experience. My breath got caught in my throat. Seeing her catch my eye, smirk, and walk away. Wearing a tight navy blue dress with her hair up in a bun to show off her diamond studs in her ears...this diamond stud.

Me: You fucking bitch...

When Namjoon came in, I was sitting on the couch, waiting for him. He dropped the mail and walked over slowly to me, almost in disbelief that I was there and in obvious fear of me getting up and leaving as quickly as he came.

Namjoon: Nari...hi.

Me: Hi.

Namjoon: Look, I know I don't have a lot of credibility with you right now, but please hear me out. Because I swear to God, I have no idea how that underwear got in that drawer and-

Me: You don't. But I do.

I tossed the earring onto the coffee table and leaned back into the couch with my arms folded over my chest and my leg crossed over the other. Namjoon's face fell, looking between both me and the diamond.

Namjoon: I-

Me: Whoever left the panties in your desk is the same person who left this under the bed.

Namjoon: Nari, I haven't had anyone in this house since you left-

Me: I know. Because if you did, you would've crucified whoever opened the window for mosquitos to come in...and I know who's earring it is and I know you wouldn't have let her into the house.

Namjoon: How do you...whose is it?

Me: Minseo. She wore it the same night of the engagement party. And her dress was the same color as the underwear that I found.

At first, he scoffed, then his face tensed, cursing under his breath and patting himself frantically until he found his keys in the front left pocket, then started pushing his feet back into his leather shoes.

Namjoon: Come on.

Me: Where are you going?

Namjoon: Back to the store, come on.

I tailed him back downtown and to the store. He fiddled with his keys again, entering us through the back and going towards the security room, but they required him to swipe the key card before entering. The guy behind the several monitors was startled and almost dropped his sprite.

Namjoon: Sorry, Rashad. Do you mind putting up a cam from two Fridays ago?

Rashad: Sure, boss.

He ruffled through CDs and then found the date Namjoon was looking for, and projected it to a blank monitor. Namjoon tapped on his shoulder and mumbled in his ear and Rashad nodded in response, speeding up the time lapse on the tape.

The office is always empty if Namjoon isn't in it. And he's always alone, except for when Naomi and BB showed up. A few seconds later, Namjoon was taking his wallet and guiding his sister and niece out the door.

According to the time on the recording, Minseo did come into the office, almost ten minutes after Namjoon's car pulled out of the lot outside. She sat in his chair, spinning a few times, then opened the bottom drawer, then dug around in her purse before shoving her underwear under the several coffee cups.

Namjoon: Jesus fucking Christ. Who let her in there?

Rashad: Um...I'll have to go through another CD to find the main lobby footage.

Namjoon: When you have time, please do then come back to me so I can put an hiring sign outside. Nari...? Are you okay?

Me: No, I'm fucking okay, I'm going to cut that bitch!

Namjoon: Um, thanks for everything Rashad.

Rashad: No problem...does she want the rest of the sprite?

Namjoon: Um..she's good.

It was a good idea for Namjoon to get me back outside. The last time I was this mad was when someone egged Zo for dressing like Bring It On Clover with me for halloween. This was a very...very close second.

Namjoon: Nari, I'm so sorry. I-

Me: Don't apologize. It's not your fault.

Namjoon: Is there any way I can help you calm down?

Me: No! I'm going to find her and her ass is mine.

Namjoon: Nari-

Me: Nah. I don't want to fucking hear it..

Namjoon: Please don't talk like that. I...I know that we can figure it out.

Me: This isn't about whether you cheated or not. She was in your office. In OUR house, Namjoon. I can't live like this. I'm over it.

We've done it before, we always do. And now we know the truth, ok? So we can just...forget all of this. You don't have to leave.

Me: Leave? Me? Hell fucking no. I'm not leaving. This, right here, is MY ring. That is MY house and it's MY wedding and goddamn it, you are MY finance! I'm not going anywhere, She's the bitch who needs to leave.

Namjoon: Ok...Ok.

He inched closer and pulled me into his arms, a feeling that almost made me cry after not having it for so long. His hand held my head to his chest while he rested his chin on top, kissing the top of my hair.

My shaking hands hugged him back as an overwhelming and deathening sense of guilt dominated my mind, heart, and soul. After everything I just put him through, he's still right here...and not above holding me to calm me down.