1 x 12

I called out, knowing I wouldn't be able to get through a work day. In fact, I couldn't move from Kylee's couch. She went to work and came back, seeing me in the same position, not even touching the breakfast she made for me.

She shut the door and locked it, looking at my phone that I threw on floor after getting a call from Namjoon every hour and a text every other fucking minute. It was still going off. And seeing his name and his picture just broke me down in tears.

Kylee: *softly* Hey girlie.

She picked up my phone and put it on the counter before coming to the couch and sitting next to my head and laid me down on her lap, brushing hair out of my face as she looked down at me with a ghost smile, wiping the tear that fell down my cheek.

Kylee: You didn't eat did you?

Me: I'm not hungry.

Kylee: I don't care. At least eat a granola bar.

Me: I can't.

Kylee: Have you talked to him?

Me: I don't want to talk to him.

Kylee: Nari, I really think you should talk to him. Maybe he's telling the truth.

Me: I don't need your toxic optimism right now.

Kylee: Hey, don't snap at me. I'm trying to help.

Me: *sighing* Sorry. I just...don't let me near that phone.

Kylee: Um...Mrs. Ashley says you can't take tomorrow off too otherwise we'll be under staffed.

Me: FUCK!

Kylee: I know I-

Me: I left my key card there!

Kylee: Where?

Me: In my purse! It's still at the house. We have to go now before he gets home from the store.

Kylee: Oh okay.

I jumped up from the couch and pulled a hoodie over my head while Kylee grabbed her keys. I could tell that she was walking around eggshells with me. But I don't know how to act either. Like...everything means nothing to me.

I ran to the door, stumbling to get the key into the lock. And thankfully the house was empty. I went up to the bedroom, and to the closet where I know that my bag will be hanging. Before taking it, I dug around to make sure that my key card was actually in there. The front door alarm beeped, and those footsteps were way too heavy to be Kylee's. Shit.

So I hid, pulling the closet door closed and crouching down in a pile of shoes and hampers of laundry that I would be doing if...obviously if I wasn't in the embarrassing situation where I have to hide in the closet in a place I pay half the rent of.

Out of the crack in the door, I watched Namjoon come into the room, and me being an idiot, saw my set of keys that I left on the bed. He turned around and it was like he caught my eye even in the door.

Namjoon: Nari?

My lip started quivering. Even if I wanted to respond, I couldn't without choking on my own ugly sobs. He opened the closet door, finding me and looking down at me with one of his best and worst traits. No matter who you are or what the context is, looking at him would make you feel so special and so comforted. Which is hard to ignore when you're mad at him, because he'll just pull you right back in.

Namjoon: Come on, you don't need to hide from me.

Me: I just need to get my purse for work.

Namjoon: Can we please talk?

Me: What is there to talk about, Namjoon?

Namjoon: I don't like fighting.

Me: And I don't like cheating.

Namjoon: I swear to god, Nari. I didn't and wouldn't cheat on you.

Me: Then where did the underwear come from?

Namjoon: I...I don't know.

Me: Underwear doesn't come from nowhere. And until you can give me a real answer, I'm leaving.

Namjoon: No! Please, don't leave.

Me: I can't stay. I need space.

Namjoon: Yes, you can. Just hear me out-

Me: I can't. I can't-

Namjoon: Please, Nari.

Me: If I stay...I'm...

Namjoon: What?

Me: I'll forgive you. And that's just more room for this to happen again.

Namjoon: I swear, I would never Nari. You have to believe me.

I tried to get past him but he caught me, holding onto my wrist then running his hands up my arms and cupping my face, trying to hold it up for me to look him in the eyes, making everything that much harder to swallow and process.

Namjoon: You said if you stay you'll forgive me?

Me: *sniffling* Yeah...

Namjoon: Then just forgive me. Forgive me, princess.

Tears that I have been fighting to hold back just came streaming down and then I was crying. Actually crying. Ugly sobs and sniffles that made me need to gasp for air and in consequence. Still, Namjoon wiped away my tears, even as they continued to fall, and pressed his forehead against mine.

Me: *crying* No....No let me go.

Namjoon: *softly* I'm not letting you go.

I slowly peeled his hand away and made a break for the door and went back to the car. Kylee turned over, watching run from inside and rushing to her car. She kept quiet and let me start crying in her passenger seat. She started the car and started to pull out of the neighborhood, reaching over in the seats and holding my hand as I tried my best to ignore Namjoon's shadow in Kylee's rear view mirror.

Kylee: Do you want to talk about it?

Me: I can't.

Kylee: Do you want to get something to eat? Or drink? We can go to Sonic or Mellow Mushroom or-

Me: No. Please, can we just go back to your place.

Kylee: Ok...Ok. We can go.