1 x 16 (S)

Do you know those tiktoks where people cling to their partners as they walk around the house, and they have just to carry them like a baby? That was pretty much Namjoon and I all morning. Literally. He hand to hold me on one arm while struggling to warm up breakfast.

After work, we went to the catering office called Shindigs, who we are also considering doing the rest of the entrees and appetizers. We've been clingy, but also really quiet today. A comfortable silence. Like our minds are syncing back to each other.

While he was driving there, he had one hand on the wheel while the other held onto mine. And the second we got out of the car, I ran back to him and grabbed his hand again and he kissed it on the way inside, giving the host a friendly smile.

Namjoon: Um...reservation for Kim. Cake testing.

Host: Yes, you're Namjoon. Nari is already at your table.

Me: No...I'm right here.

Host: Um...Nari signed in ten minutes ago.

She pointed in the direction of a small booth, and lowering the menu and smiling like a forgettable movie villan, Minseo revealed herself. All I saw was just pure, fiery, bright red. Namjoon was quick to grab me and pull me back.

Namjoon: No! No! Nari!

Minseo: I just want to talk.

Me: Yeah! Let's talk!

Namjoon: *chuckling* Nari! You're going to get us kicked out.

Me: She wants to talk, I'll talk back.

Namjoon: Can we reschedule?

Host: ummm...sure. I'm so sorry for the mix up.

Namjoon: Princess, let's go outside. You too.

I don't think I've ever heard Namjoon talk so sternly...at least in a non-sexual setting. And it started me. I stopped trying to lunge and started to become more concerned for him, who was pissed but still so calm, cool, and collected.

Namjoon: What?

Minseo: I want to talk.

Namjoon: Well, I have nothing to say to you. There. We've talked.

Minseo: Without her.

Me: What? Hell no!

Namjoon: Yeah. Hell no. Stay away from me.

Minseo: I'm not going anywhere until I get to have a real conversation with you.

Namjoon: One, and then you go away.

Minseo: Depends on our resolution. Dinner? Seven o'clock. Our spot.

Hands in her pockets, she turned on her heel and left. I tried going for it, but Namjoon grabbed me and swung me back, frantically saying "no" under his breath. If only he listened to me as well as I listened to him, because I tried literally everything to keep him from going to dinner with her.

He sat on the bed, bending down to tie his shoes. I climbed on him from behind and pouted on his shoulder. Namjoon wasn't going to let up, but he turned and kissed my nose before looking back down.

Me: Joon? Please don't.

Namjoon: This is the best way to get rid of her. If this means I can marry you and get peace of mind I'll take it. So, I was thinking that you-

I cut him off, kissing him and climbing into his lap. From there, I hugged him over his shoulder, feeling him laugh as he hugged me back while a play with his soft hair and closed my eyes, praying it would work.