1 x 7

- Nari's POV -

Everything is perfect. How could I think otherwise? Minseo didn't even stay in town long enough to truly bother me...everything just felt juvenile. And every time I look down at my hand, I'm reminded of the long, happy life that awaits me.

Just me, Namjoon, and our husky to keep us company...and perhaps...a mini one of us.

I can see my life either way, but still easy. Simple. Happy. Everything that I want and everything my dad would have wanted for me. I wish he was here to see me now. See Namjoon. Smart, kind, funny, easy going, and treats me like a princess...those two would be inseparable to the point that I'd have to walk my dad down the aisle instead.

___

The only ones left in the apartment are Sooji and Sihyun. Mari moved out roughly six months after me, into a studio that reminded her of my loft, which I'm renting out now that Namjoon and I are engaged. Hehe. We are engaged.

But, Sooji wanted Mari and I to keep our keys for when she goes out of town or if she's working late and needs someone to water the plants because nine times out of ten, Sihyun isn't there because of work too.

And naturally, I ran into Mari there, pouring water from a measuring cup into the ceramic vase...one that I made with Namjoon when we thought we could get into pottery. I'm surprised she kept it.

Mari: Nari!

Me: Mari!

Mari: I already got the ones in the living room, so you can head out if you want.

Me: Nah. It's ok. I like running into you.

Mari: Yeah? How's the future Mr. Kang?

Me: He's good. He's going to be home early tonight because of wedding planning and stuff.

Mari: Fun~. I'm going to get a good seat right?

Me: The best, I promise.

Mari: Please don't seat me next to Sihyun. At least on the other side of the table.

Me: *laughing* I hear you.

I wouldn't recognize this place if I didn't used to live here. All of Si-hyun's games that used to drive us up the wall have been gone since he got his job. My room is now a work closet for Sooji, where she keeps clothes for her models and sketches and mood boards for outfits to come.

Mari's room was kept as a guest bedroom, which is funny because we all know Sooji won't entertain long enough for people to stay the night unless it's one of us or her parents, but even we have more of an edge on them.

The door rumbled and the lock creaked to unlatched and in came Sooji, smiling, but mostly surprised to see us here. She sighed and dropped her jacket and her length, Yves Saint Laurent shoulder bag.

Sooji: Hey! I didn't know you guys would be here.

Me: We thought you would be late.

Sooji: Not today. Finally, I get to have a red wine and TGIT night.

Mari: *laughing* Sounds like the moves.

Sooji: Hm. What time do you guys have to be home?

Me: I have like half an hour.

Sooji: Is Peach coming too? I know Zo is out with his boyfriend.

To speak of the devil, Peach came in too, startled seeing Sooji on the couch with her feet up, Mari with the plants in the kitchen, and me on the bar stool in front of her. Sooji raised her eyebrow, almost laughing.

Peach: I didn't know everyone was here.

Sooji: Why are you here? Already, I mean, I was about to call you.

Peach: I was going to borrow those red bottoms from your mini studio over there.

Sooji: Go ahead. There in the stack behind my desk chair.

Peach: Thanks.

Sooji: While all of you are here, I got something for you.

Mari: Do you?

Sooji: Yeah. My dad got wine imported for some dinner party he invited me and Si-hyun to. And there is a case left over, and I really liked it so everyone come get a bottle.

Mari: Thanks, boo.

Sooji: Uh huh. Nari, you get two for the mister.

Me: Aw thank you.

Sooji: Speaking of the mister, how is the wedding planning and stuff going?

Me: It's going. We're going to talk about some stuff tonight.

Sooji: Do you know what your bridal party looks like?

Me: *sighing* Not really.

Sooji: Not even the maid of honor?

Me: Uhh...I have that part down.

Sooji: Come on! Who is it?

Mari: It's me!

Peach: It's me, I've known her the longest.

Me: Actually...it's Kylee.

Sooji: What?

Mari: Really?

Peach: Why?

Me: I...I feel like she and I are closer and that's who I'm comfortable with you know...doing bridal preparations with me.

Sooji: *sighing* Fine. But you're not going to be mine.

Me: *laughing* I never was, you have two sisters to choose from.

Peach: Mari, we are going to be each other's right.

Mari: Period.

Peach: To hell with these fake bitches.

Me: I didn't think you guys would want to be the maid of honor so bad.

Sooji: Of course we do.

Me: Sorry. But at the end of the day, all of you guys are going to be there and all of you are going to see me walk. And I'm sure you will call attention to yourselves somehow.

Mari: Attention? I don't call attention to myself.

Peach: Nor do I.

Me: *laughing* Look at you guys now!

Sooji: Right. I just don't think attention seekers like those two should be on the bridal party.

Me: You know that only one of you will actually be on the bridal party.

Sooji: Me.

Me: No. Not you.

Mari: Ha!

Me: I'm not choosing you two either.

Sooji: Zo?

Me: No. It's to be determined. In fact...I'm going to make you guys work for it.

Mari: Umm...girl...

Me: No, I mean it. Work hard and you'll get the spot.

Sooji: Are you really turning it into a competition?

Me: Yep!

Peach: Why...?

Me: Because it's fun and I want to see y'all struggle for my affection.

Mari: Hmm! She's a sadist. 

Lavish || KNJ✅On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara