1 x 13

Namjoon: I saw that your car outside last week, and I figured Nari might be here.

Kylee: Yeah...she is.

She was really reluctant to because Kylee doesn't think Namjoon would cheat, but I convinced her to open the door while I listened in through the door, cringing because I told her to say that I wasn't here.

Namjoon: Can I...?

Kylee: I'm sorry, but...I don't think that's a good idea.

Namjoon: Come on, Kylee, I-

Kylee: I know. I believe you, but it's not my decision to make. Right now, I'm just doing what she asks right now.

Namjoon: Is she ok, though?

Kylee: She's ok. She's been functioning but...still struggling.

Namjoon: *quietly* The ring?

Kylee: She's still wearing it.

Namjoon: I know you won't let me in, but can you please get her to return my calls? Or at least text me.

Kylee: I've been trying to. But you won't hear from her until you can explain yourself.

Namjoon: I can't explain what I don't know. She's the only one outside my sisters and her daughter that have been in my office.

Kylee: I believe you, I do, but Nari has one thing going for her, and that's underwear, especially a pair that isn't from your fiancee, doesn't come out of nowhere. Take care of yourself, Joon.

Namjoon: Yeah...thanks.

I backed away from the door as Kylee turned to open it and come back inside. She glared at me and slammed the door as Namjoon walked away from the door and down the steps and to the parking lot for his car.

Me: Thank you.

Kylee: Don't ever make me do something like that again.

Me: I'm sorry I just-

Kylee: Don't apologize. Pick up your phone, be an adult, and talk to your finance because I'm not his or your messenger.

Me: I don't get what you snapping at me for.

Kylee: Because! You're avoiding conflict. And I don't want to be in the middle of it. I consider both of your really close friends and I don't like feeling like I have to pick between you two.

Me: Pick me! The fuck, I was your friend first!

Kylee: Nari, listen to yourself right now. We aren't teenagers and I'm not playing these games with either of you. And to be honest, I don't think he cheated.

Me: If he didn't why the fuck was there UNDERWEAR in his damn drawer?!

Kylee: I don't know! I don't know, I'm not the one who can answer that. There is only one person who can, and you won't talk to him. So my hands are tied.

Me: *scoffing* Right.

Kylee: Just...think about it. What was he doing when you got there?

Me: I don't know. I just...I came in and he was sorting stuff.

Kylee: Did anything seem off? Weird smell or anything? Messy hair?

Me: I don't remember! I was just...I came in with the pizza from earlier and then he said he wasn't hungry and that he had just ate with Naomi and BB.

Kylee: Were you in his office the day before that?

Me: Yeah, I'm there everyday. I only saw those panties that one time.

Kylee: So...worst case scenario, it happened that morning. Why don't you call Naomi? She might have seen something.

Me: Why would she tell me the truth?

Kylee: Nari, you owe it to yourself to at least trust the friend you have around you. If you won't talk to Namjoon, talk to her.

She took my phone off the coffee table and tossed it on my lap, then excused herself to go to her room, closing and locking the door behind her, leaving me to tap my finger nails anxiously on my clear phone case.

I unlocked my phone, going to find Naomi's number. As the phone started ringing, a pit grew in my stomach and my hands started shaking as I was biting and peeling my lip nervously until the dialing ring stopped and Naomi started speaking.

Naomi: Nari! Hey! It's been a minute!

Me: H-Hey, Naomi.

Naomi: Are you ok? You voice sounds-

Me: Yeah. I'm fine. I just need to drink some tea.

Naomi: *laughing* You do that. How have you been?

Me: Um...that's a loaded question.

Naomi: Yeah...I can imagine. But I'm really glad you called me.

Me: Thanks. But I just have to ask something.

Naomi: Yeah?

Me: What was Namjoon doing last Friday? He said that he took you to brunch.

Naomi: *groaning* Yeah. He did. I took BB over because she had the day off and I thought I'd take her out shopping and stuff, get new cheer cleats. But she wanted to see her uncle. It was supposed to be a hi and bye thing but they got to talking about books and class selection and all that stuff.

Me: Was there anyone in the office when you got there?

Naomi: *scoffing* Yeah, because my OCD brother would let anyone near his precious Indie poetry collection.

Me: Heh.

Naomi: No, there was no one there when we came to and from.

Me: To and from? You went down there twice?

Naomi: Yeah. BB left her bag down there after brunch and we had to go back down. And he got all frustrated because it looked like one of his employees opened his office door and didn't close it behind them.

Me: Oh...oh my god.

Naomi: Yeah, I think it's a little harsh to fire someone over a door but he says it has to stay cool in the room or the book pages will mold or something.

Me: Yeah...Yeah...right. Um, I'm sorry, the tea I was talking about is ready. Can I call you back in a few minutes?

Naomi: Actually, I'm driving into work right now for an emergency meeting, so I probably won't be available later, so how about tomorrow. Or sometime next week, we can get lunch.

Me: Yeah. Yeah. Sounds great.

Naomi: Ok. I'll clear my calendar and make room for the bride to be~

Me: Heh, yeah. See you later then.

Naomi: Byeee! Tell Namjoon if I see another Americano cup in my car he'll be watching that wedding from the pearly gates.

Me: *laughing* Gotcha.

I hung up and put my phone back down on the table, stressful combing my fingers in my hair. In the time it took me to make the phone call, Kylee cooled off and slipped back out of her room, leaning on the doorway.