Back to School

Lexi and Tyler

"Are you nervous?" Tyler asked as he pulled into the school parking lot. Tyler had taken Lexi to school because Max had a doctors appointment, but Lexi really wished he was here. It was her first day after all.

"A little." Lexi admitted.

"You will do great." he encouraged.

"W-would you walk me in?" Lexi asked, suddenly feeling unsure of herself.

"Of course." Tyler said as he wrapped an arm around her.

"You don't have anything to worry about you know? I use to run this school." Tyler informed her after a moment.

"You did?" she asked.

"I did. I was the quarterback for the team here."

"Really?" Lexi asked again. It was hard to picture him as anything other than a cowboy.

"Yes ma'am."

"So if anyone tries to beat me up, I will just tell them I know you." Lexi joked.

"Darlin' if anyone tries to beat you up, you call me." he said making her tummy flip.

"There's Caitlin. Will you be okay from here?" he asked.

She nodded and he pulled her into a big hug. He rubbed his arms over her back.  "I hope you have a great day honey. I want to hear all about it when you get home."

"T-thank you." she said as she surprised him by hugging him back.

"I will see you this afternoon okay?"

She nodded and reluctantly let him go.

He kissed her forehead and walked away, only after he made sure she made it to Caitlin.

"Awie, look at you blushing!" Caitlin teased as Lexi walked up.

"Hush." Lexi mumbled.

Caitlin laughed. "You like him huh?"

"No! It was only my first day of school and I was worried."

"Sure." Caitlin said as she rolled her eyes. Lexi refrained from kicking her.

"About..." Lexi was cut off as she was hit by something large and crashed into the floor.

"Ouch!" she yelled from the floor as she stood up. She was really tired of being knocked down.

"I was walking!" she yelled at the large something.

"Woah, chill small one." the guy said.

"I am going to show you how CHILL I can be!" Lexi threatened as she looked at the big dude.

"Hey, you're the girl from the park." the big dude said.

It took her moment but she recognized him.

"Lexi right?" he asked.

She nodded.

"My name is Wyatt. I am supposed to be your tour guide today." he explained.

"I thought I was." Caitlin said.

"Sorry Cats, but they assigned you to assist Mrs. Johnson with morning announcements.

"Lexi, will you be okay?" Caitlin asked. Lexi looked really worried.

"Yes." Lexi said after a moment. She smiled to let her know she was thankful for her concern.

"I will see you this afternoon." Caitlin promised before she walked away.

Lexi waved back before turning around.