Chapter Eleven

"Baby girl, are you going to sleep all day?" Rhye teased as he sat on the couch beside her.

 "Yes." she mumbled into the fabric.

He chuckled and rubbed her back.  

"but I have a surprise for you."

 "What?" she asked as she struggled to sit up.

He reached out and steadied her. "It's a surprise, but the quicker you get ready, the quicker you can see it." he urged.

"Is it a pony?" she asked. She had been spending a good amount of time with Rhye in the stables and her current obsession was ponies.

"No baby girl, but a pony might be a good idea for later."

She squealed and did a happy dance, making Rhye and Joe laugh.

"Go get ready Kat." Rhye said still laughing, his princess was crazy.

"I am ready!" Caitlin yelled from the kitchen. She walked in carrying her bookbag.

"I meant baby Kat." Rhye corrected as he opened his arms for his sister.

She didn't hesitate to climb into his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"Be sure you get your progress report." he reminded her.

"What happens if my grades are up?" she asked.

"Then after Kat and I are married, you can move back into the guest house."

She smiled and nodded.

"When are you are Kat getting married?" Joe asked.

Rhye shrugged. "We have been a little preoccupied and haven't set a date."

"Are you intentionally waiting to set a date?" Caitlin asked.

"I am not rushing it. I have you staying here, so her character won't be questioned and I want her to know without a doubt I married her because I love her, not because I needed a maid and she needed a place to stay." he openly admitted.

Joe and Caitlin nodded.

"I hope my boyfriend is as awesome as you." Caitlin teased.

"Your boyfriend better be non-existent." Rhye warned, making Caitlin roll her eyes.

"You can't stop her from dating Rhye." Taylor reminded him.

 "I can stop her from dating. I can also stop you from working. Care to try me?" Rhye challenged. He wouldn't dream of firing Taylor, but he liked to tease them.

Taylor sighed. "No."

Katrina came back out and Rhye smiled at her, forgetting the previous conversation.

 "You look pretty baby." he said as he eyed her turquoise dress with brown leggings and a matching jacket. He laughed as he took in her sock feet.

"I can't believe we forgot to get you shoes." Tyler mumbled.

"I thought I would stop on the way and buy her some." Rhye said shrugging again.

"Can I have rain boots?" Katrina begged.

"Rain boots?" Rhye questioned.

"This girl named Hannah had them at the group home and they were so cool! They had Minnie Mouse on them."

Everyone chuckled causing Kat to blush. She had been learning in therapy it was okay to express herself and not to be so self conscious of herself and the fact she was behind socially.