Chapter Four

Dedicated to a huge fan!
-------------------------------------------------

Rhye pulled his blue pickup as close to his house as possible. Katrina had fallen asleep again and he could tell by the dark circles under her eyes she needed to rest. He put his truck in park and laughed at the men when they rushed out of the backseat and into his house. It was a well known fact his momma would be inside with a midnight dinner ready. He stepped out and allowed himself a small stretch before opening Kat's door and lifting her into his arms. He loved the way she felt pressed to his chest.

He stepped onto his large porch and before he could even open the door, his mother rushed outside.

"Aw, she is precious." she whispered as she looked at Katrina.

"She is." Rhye agreed as he carried her through the door and into the guest bedroom. He placed her in the bed and wrapped the thick brown bedding around her. He took a minute to admire her beauty.

He turned around and was instantly embraced by his sister. He hugged her back and kissed her cheek.

"I missed you." she mumbled into his chest.

He smiled into the top of her head. "I missed you too."

Rhye and Caitlin has always been close. They never argued when they were younger, like most siblings do, from day one Rhye had the urge to protect her and she loved him deeply for that.

"How was school today?" he asked her as he led them from the room.

"I skipped." she mumbled.

"Caitlin, didn't we already talk about that?" he asked.

"Yes, mom said you would be the best one to handle it."

"I agree. I think you already know what I am going to say. Rhye said as he sent her a gentle look.

She looked down and he lower lip trembled, making Rhye feel bad. He loved Caitlin, but since his sister's -Caitlin's twin- death two years ago, she had began a downward spiral. Her lastest struggle was being placed on academic probation for missing too many days and failing too many classes.

Rhye sat down on the couch in the living room and motioned her over. When she was in reach her took her hands and pulled her to him. "You know I am not hard on you to be mean, I just want you to push yourself. I am very disappointed that you skipped again and I am even more disappointed in your grades. I gave you the guest house to live in, so you could prove your maturity, but if you don't pick up your grades and show me that you are making better choices, I will take it back perminatley. For now though, I am taking it back for the rest of the semester. In the morning you need to gather your things and bring them here. You can stay with me and Katrina." he said. He knew it would be too much for her to go back to their mothers house since Heather passed.

She nodded and started to turn away, but Ryhe grabbed her and wrapped her in a hug. "I still love you." he reminded her.

She gave him a tearful smile. "I love you too."

Rhye watched her as she stepped out into the cold air. He hated taking back something that she was so proud of, but he refused to let her ruin her future.

He shook his head of the feeling of guilt and walked into the kitchen. He was automatically met with the smell of peach cobbler and fresh baked ham.

"Hmmm" he moaned as he breathed in the smell.

"You know my favorite boys always get the best." his momma said with a smile.

He hugged her and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before taking the plate she was offering.