Dumb and Dumber

"Hey Lexi, what would you like to eat?" Wyatt asked.

"I am not hungry." Lexi said as she played with her hands. She had made it through part of her day but she was very close to tears. Wyatt still wouldn't give her the schedule she needed and she was really overwhelmed. She just wanted to go home. She thought she could just jump into school and put her old life behind her, but that wasn't happening. She couldn't do this.

"You have to eat something." Scott argued.

"I am not hungry." Lexi said.

"I think you should eat something. You're really small." Wyatt said, making Lexi's stomach fill with anger.

"I can make my OWN decisions!" she commented as her eyes filled with tears.

" You can make your own decisions, but I think you could probably put something in your tummy if you tried." a familiar voice said.

Lexi couldn't help the smile that fitted itself onto her face. She turned around and met Tyler's soft gaze.

"Hi." she peeped, making him smile.

"Hi." he said as he sat down at the large table, making it look very small.

Tyler immediately noticed her tears. He took her face gently in his hands. "Are you okay babylove?"

She nodded and buried her head in his chest. "It's just a lot to take in." she mumbled.

He rubbed her back soothingly. "I know, but I talked to Mrs. Villegas and she said you were doing so well." Tyler encouraged.

Lexi smiled into his shirt before she turned back to the table.

"Hi, my name is Wyatt." Wyatt said as he extended her hand.

"Nice to meet you Wyatt, I am Tyler." he said as he shook his hand.

"I was just telling your little sister, I think she should eat." Scott said as he tried to fish for information on who Lexi was to Tyler.

The side of Tyler's mouth turned up and Lexi thought he was going to smile, but he never did.

"and my little sister would be?" Tyler asked.

"Lexi?"

"No." he said.

"Oh.. so she is your..." Wyatt asked.

"So, what do you want for lunch?" Tyler asked as he turned to Lexi, completely ignoring the boys questions.

"um..... french fries and... grapes." she said.

He chuckled but nodded. "be right back." he said as he walked away from the table.

"Uncle?" Wyatt asked.

"No." Lexi mumbled.

"Step-brother?"

"No."

"Cousin?" Scott piped up.

"No.

"Step-dad?"

"Eww and no."

"Then he is your boyfriend?" Scott said.

"It's none of your business." Lexi protested.

"He's too old for you."

"He's like three years older than me!"

"That's too old."

Lexi sighed and banged her head on the table. This was never going to end.