Chapter Nineteen

The Next Morning:

Max

Max smiled when he peaked in on Lexi. She was still sleeping and he couldn't help but admire how innocent she looked, you never would have imagined she acted as the Great Houdini last night. He pulled the door shut and headed into the kitchen. He needed some coffee. He was surprised to find Tyler and Taylor already up.

"Good morning." they mumbled.

He chuckled. "Still feeling tired from last night?" he taunted.

Both men nodded as they gulped their coffee.

"So, what exactly did you do to make my Lexi run away last night?" Max teased Tyler.

"Why did I have to do something? How do you know she just isn't a delinquent?" Tyler tried to argue back, but the way his upper lip pulled into a smile showed he wasn't serious.

"You like her, don't you?" Taylor questioned.

" I...I.." Tyler trailed off, suddenly looking unsure of himself.

"It's okay if you do Tyler. Heather wanted you to move on." Taylor assured him, but Tyler still looked pained.

"I can't imagine how you feel, but I know, without a doubt, Heather would have wanted you to continue living." Max encouraged.

Tyler nodded. "I know she did and I do like Lexi." he admitted to himself.

"She is a sweetheart." Taylor commented.

Max nodded. "She has only been in my life for a few days, but I can't imagine my life without her."

Tyler and Taylor nodded.

"What do you two have planned for this morning?" Max asked.

"Nothing."

"Come eat breakfast with Rhye, Cat, Kat, Lexi and I.." he asked. He wanted her to get used to Tyler and Tyler to understand his feelings for her.

"That sounds fun." Tyler said agreeing.

"We are going to go to an amusement park after, you guys should tag along."

Their conversation was interrupted when Lexi appeared at the kitchen door.

"Hey kid." Max teased as he slid his chair back.

She walked over and climbed into his lap. "Did you sleep good?" Max asked.

She nodded and rested her head on his shoulder.

He chuckled. "Are you still tired?"

She nodded again.

"How about some breakfast?" Tyler said as he pushed back from the table.

She shook her head. "No thank you." she mumbled.

"Lexi, you didn't eat dinner last night. You have to eat some breakfast." Tyler reminded as he moved around the kitchen.

Max chuckled to himself. He knew it would take time for Tyler to learn to care for someone again, but he had a feeling it would be a great show in the process."

--------------------------------

Rhye and Katrina

"Good morning baby girl." Rhye said as he pulled the covers off of Katrina.

"Cold." she whined.

"Is the Birthday girl cold?" he teased.

"Yes." she pouted.