Chapter Nine

Katrina woke up to gentle fingers on her back.

"I am just putting your coat on love." Rhye soothed.

"Am I going home now?" she asked as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Yes, you did a wonderful job on your first day of therapy!" he praised.

"I was very tired when it was over." she said with a yawn. 

"That's normal love. You talked about a lot. Emotional healing is very tiring." he encouraged again. 

"Did Dr. Rogers talk to you yet?" she asked with another yawn.

"She did. Do you like the idea of using the gloves to help you remember not to pick?" he asked. Her doctor had talked to him about the possibility of using gloves to help Katrina's picking until she had time to get more adjusted to the therapy. Since it was cold, it was the perfect time to use them. It would seem normal to anyone else.

"I do. It will help my hair grow evenly too." she said as she surprised him by hugging him close. He kissed her freshly shaven head.

"I think that it would be a great idea. Maybe we can even find some to match your hat." he said as he helped her stand. Her hat was to keep her head warm since they shaved her head. It was a black beanie with pale pink roses stitched on the side. Max's grandmother had made it for her.

"It was odd not seeing everyone this morning. I miss them." she said, once he had put her hood on her and helped her into his truck.

"I think everyone missed you too. Taylor and Tyler had complained that the house is too lonley, and Joe and Max have called numerous times." he chuckled.

Kat smiled. She was glad everyone missed her. She was starting to feel like part of the family.

"Are they going to be at your house?"

"No." he answered.

Katrina tried to hide her disappointment.

"They will be at OUR house." he corrected.

"It is really only your house. I didn't help pay for it or build it." Katrina argued.

"But you have helped make it a home."

"How?" Kat asked confused.

"By adding the warmth it was obviously missing."

Katrina gave a large smile and hugged Rhye. He made her feel so special.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are they home yet?" Max whined.

"For the hundredth time, no." Tyler shouted.

"You didn't actually count how many times he asked, so it is deceitful to say for the hundredth time." Joe stated. "You're argument is invalid."

"You are annoying." Tyler fussed.

"You are ugly." Joe shot back.

"Enough!" Caitlin yelled. She swore Joe, Tyler and Taylor were nothing but kids- they thought it was funny.

"Who's phone is ringing?" Max asked suddenly.

"It sounds like Rhye's. house phone." Caitlin replied as she hung the rest of the balloons.

Max ran for the bedroom and snatched up the phone.

"Hello?" he panted.

"Mr. Rhye?" a young girl asked.