Chapter Six

"I won't let anything hurt you. I promise." he whispered as he worked to calm her. He meant that in a literal sense. He wasn't going to let anything hurt Katrina ever again.

Rhye took a seat in the chair closest by the door and settled Katrina beside him. He knew the exam table would be a more logical approach to where Katrina should be sitting, but he couldn't bring himself to set her there.

"So, Ms. Davis, what are you here for today?" the nurse asked.

"I ummm. I have been in a group home for a while and I haven't gotten any medical care for a while." she said as she looked at Rhye. She wasn't sure what she should say to be honest, but she trusted him to lead her.

"Yes. We want to make sure she is up on all of her shots that are needed. She also suffers from intense  anxiety. We are going to speak with a therapist next week, but if there is anything Dr. Randal could do, we would appreciate that as well." he said as he sent Katrina a reassuring smile. She had done a wonderful job of speaking for herself.

"Okay, he will be able to help you with that. He has a great deal of patients suffering from anxiety disorders. Are the sores and baldness from your anxiety honey?"

Katrina nodded.

"How do you feel when you pick honey? Is it an  impulse to pick?" The nurse asked. Rhye felt bad for Katrina. He knew by the pink tint on her face she was very embarrassed.

"I...I don't realize I am doing it. It's just too late by the time I realize I am doing it." she answered. "I-I have been working hard to stop."

"Oh, I bet honey. I notice very few fresh marks on you and there is some new growth on your scalp." she encouraged, making Rhye smile. He appreciated the kind nurses support.

----------------------------------

"Would you like to look around?" the older lady asked. Her name tag read Mrs. Masan

Rhye nodded and Kat smiled. He could tell she was excited. They had finished up in the doctors office a few hours ago and then made a trip to pick up Katrina's new medicines. Rhye was so thankful the doctor and his staff had been so kind. He had checked Katrina out carefully, given her current immunizations, and spoke with both of the about her picking and her anxiety. Rhye thought Katrina felt much better after speaking with him, though he had noticed her insecurity about her appearance once they were out and around new people.

They were now viewing a center the doctor had recommended. It was called the "Philippians Center". Rhye had been puzzled about the name until he saw the brightly colored poster hanging in the hallway. It read "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, Philippians 4:13.". It was a counseling center that worked with CBT therapy to help Katrina learn to control her compulsions and help her cop with her anxiety.

"Do you have any questions?"

Kat shook her head, but Rhye spoke up.

"How many people attend the center?"

"We have seventy enrolled."

Rhye was happy with that number. It was enough for Kat to make some friends, but not enough to overwhelm her.

"The classes are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from ten a.m. to three p.m." she filled in. "I believe that is on the pamphlet?"

"Yes ma'am." he answered.

"We also offer transportation to and from the center if you need it." she offered.

Rhye shook his head. "No ma'am. I will bring her and pick her up." he stated. He hated the idea of Kat on a bus where anything could happen.

She nodded.

"We also offer classes for the parent or spouse if you are interested."

"I would like to know more about those."

"They are every other Friday at two p.m. It will give the counselors a chance to go over Kat's progress with you, as well as helping you help Katrina."

Rhye nodded. "I would like to participate in those."

"I will sign you up when I sigh Katrina up then." she said with a smile.

"Is this something you would like to do little love?" he asked her as he squeezed her hand tightly. He loved the idea of the therapy and the extra little classes they had, but this was her choice. He would support her no matter what.

She nodded as she turned to look up at him. "i-I think this would be g-good for us." she said with a smile.

Rhye found himself smiling too. This would be good for them.

-------------------------

"Comment "Kat" if you liked this chapter ------> pic of Kat on the side!

Y