Chapter Eighteen

Taylor and Caitlin

"Are you cold?" Taylor asked as he slipped off his jacket and wrapped it around Caitlin.

"Just a little." she said as he teeth chattered together. Taylor chuckled and wrapped his arms around her.

"Let's go back in." he suggested.

"Okay." Caitlin eagerly agreed. She was looking forward to sitting by the fire and warming up.

As they were walking to the front porch Taylor turned to see Tyler's truck turning the corner.

"He must have taken Lexi to get her things." Caitlin offered.

"That is odd. He normally tells me when he is leaving." Taylor said with a shrug. He reached up to push open the door, just as someone else snatched it open. Taylor and Caitlin were shocked to see Tyler standing there.

"She took MY truck." he spat out.

"Who took your truck?" Taylor asked in denial. Surely Lexi didn't....

"The toothfairy Taylor." Tyler said as he cocked his head to the side.

" Lexi took YOUR truck?" Caitlin asked, ignoring his sarcasm.

"Yes. I don't know how she managed to get my keys and out the door before I noticed she wasn't in the guest room."

"We can take my truck and go get her." Taylor said as he walked inside, still holding Caitlin's hand.

"My keys are missing too." he said as he looked over the key-rack again.

"She took your keys too?" Tyler repeated.

"Yes."

Caitlin giggled causing Tyler to look at her in confusion.

"I am sorry, but it's funny."

"How is this funny? The little thing has my truck." Tyler argued.

"Because you are too incompetent to keep track of a sixteen year old." Taylor said, as he doubled over in full blown laughter.

"Laugh it up. Just like I will when Rhye finds out you kissed Caitlin." Tyler said as he raised his eyebrows.

Taylor's laughed died abruptly. "H-How do you know that?"

"I was washing dishes and you decided to have a romance attack in front of the window."

"Can we hold off on this conversation for a while? We have bigger problems." Caitlin reminded them.

"Why don't we just take Max's truck?" Taylor asked.

"Good idea. I will see if I can find his keys." Tyler said as he headed to the back of the house.

"You know Rhye IS going to kill me right?"

"I figured you have lived a good life." Caitlin teased.

"Thanks doll. You are so supportive." he retorted.

"Hey, YOU kissed me." she said.

"Excuse me? I don't remember you asking me to stop."

"I found the keys." he Tyler said as he came from the back. "Do you think I scared her so badly she had to run? Maybe I am out of dating practice!"

"This isn't over." Taylor told Caitlin with a smirk, ignoring Tyler's outburst.

"I think it is." she mumbled under her breath as they walked back outside and climbed into Max's Dodge Ram.

"Where do you think she would go?" Taylor asked as he reached in the back and forced Caitlin's seatbelt on.

She swatted his hands away. "I can do it myself." she argued. He sat back in his seat and smiled. He had made her grumpy.