Chapter Twenty-Two

Rhye and Katrina

"Rhye are you angry?" Kat asked as she bit her lip. She hadn't seen him angry and she was pretty sure she didn't want to.

"No sweetheart. I just need to talk to Taylor man to man." he said as he turned and allowed Max to lift Katrina off his back.

"Can you help her load up? I need to speak to Taylor a moment." Rhye asked him.

"Sure." he said as he tossed Katrina over his shoulder and ran with her towards the truck. Her muffles giggles made Rhye smile.

"Rhye wait up!" Taylor panted as he ran over to him.

"Look it's not Caitlin's fault. I wanted to talk to you, but I just never did. I am sorry." Taylor rushed out.

"How long has this been going on?" he asked.

"Since last night." Taylor admitted truthfully.

The news calmed Rhye a bit. He loved Taylor and considered him part of the family, but it hurt him that Taylor and Caitlin had kept this from him. He felt betrayed.

"Were you going to tell me?" He found himself asking.

"I was going to, I just.."

"didn't think you would be very supportive." Caitlin said as she caught up to the men. "We didn't think you'd be supportive."

"Caitlin, I will support anything you choose, but you kept this from me and it makes me wonder what else you have been keeping from me." Rhye snapped. He didn't really believe Caitlin had kept things from him. He was just hurt.

But his statement hurt Caitlin's feelings and she blinked back tears. "I have always been truthful to you." she protested.

Rhye sighed and Caitlin's lip trembled. She reached up and quickly rubbed her tears away.

"I am sorry. I know you're always honest with me." Rhye said as he took Caitlin's hand and lead her to a near by bench. "Why didn't you think I would be supportive?"

"because you have treated me like a china doll since Heather got sick and anytime I mention dating you shoot it down." Caitlin mumbled, her feelings still hurt.

"Sweetheart, I treated you that way because you lost a part of yourself when Heather died, not because I didn't want you dating. I wanted you to find time to discover your true self before you met someone. In these last few days though, I have seen that and I am fine with you having a personal life. I would have also been fine with you dating Taylor."

"Would have?" Caitlin asked, looking worried.

Rhye sighed. "I am fine with you dating Taylor. I am
glad you have made a good choice. Taylor is a good man." he said as he gently rubbed her back.

"I am I didn't tell you about my feelings... and I am sorry I didn't come to you right away." Taylor said as he sat down on the bench too.

"How long have you felt this way?" Rhye asked Taylor.

Taylor flushed and cleared his throat. "A few months."

Caitlin giggled, making Taylor blush even harder. Rhye found the scene amusing.

After everyone worked everything out, Rhye headed back to find his own baby.

"Is everything okay?" Lexi asked as she sat in the same truck seat at Katrina. They were both wedged inside the truck, their arms were linked together, and their legs dangling. Rhye found the sight endearing.

"Everything is fine honey." Rhye assured her.

"Hey baby." he said as he dipped his head to kiss Katrina.

"Hi!" she piped up after the kiss.

"Do you feel like shopping with Lexi and Max today?" he asked.

"Yes, I also feel like I could use more cake." she said as she shook the empty container.

"Love, did you eat all that cake? There was at least three slices in there." Rhye asked shocked.

"No, ummm Max ate it." she said looking slightly guilty.

"Did Max really eat it?" Rhye chuckled.

"I don't remember. I was in a car accident." she said with a cheeky smile.

"Seven years ago and the accident didn't cause any brain damage." Rhye chuckled.

"I am pretty sure Max ate it." she said still sticking to her story.

"I would like some cake." Lexi almost whispered. Rhye knew it must be hard for her to ask for things.

"Come on babydoll, I'll get you some." Tyler said as he stepped forward and scooped her from the truck. "What kind do you want?" He asked as he walked towards the bakery.

Rhye couldn't make our Lexi's answer but it must have been funny because he heard Tyler laugh.

"I want cake too." Kat said as she gave Rhye her best puppy dog face.

"No ma'am. You just ate three pieces."

"I didn't! Max did!"

"Lies I tell you!" Max said when he finally caught onto the conversation.

"Can I have a coffee?"

"No."

"You're no fun!"

"When your tummy doesn't hurt, I will be fun." Rhye said as he kissed her angry pout. His love was feeling very cheeky today.

"I got cake." Lexi sang as Tyler carried her out of the bakery.

Tyler walked over and sat her in the truck with Kat.

"Hey Rhye, is that your mom?" Lexi asked as she pointed down the street.

"Where?" he asked as he turned to look.

"Lexi I don't see anyone." he said as he turned back around. He couldn't help but laugh when he did. Lexi had obviously tricked him and given Kat a piece of cake. Her little cheeks were puffed out like a chipmunk and she had icing all around her mouth.

"Katrina!" Rhye scolded the best he could.

"Max did it." she mumbled through her mouth full of chocolate cake.

Rhye shook his head, but he wasn't really mad. Those girls were too cute for their own good.

---------------------------------------------------------

Comment "too cute" if you liked this chapter please."