Chapter Fifteen

Caitlin

Caitlin climbed into her car and sighed. She had just gotten her progress report and her grades weren't what she was hoping for, nor were they what Rhye would be looking for. She was in serious trouble. Not only did she have three failing grades, but she had a note that needed to be signed with the number of classes she skipped. The worst part of everything was if she didn't get those grades up, she would be expelled from school.

"Lord, I know I could do better, I am just so nervous at school. Please help me God." she prayed as she started her car.

She had known her report would be dissatisfying, which is why she was happy they weren't ready yesterday, but she had no idea it was this bad.

She was almost in tears when she pulled up to the barn. Taylor smiled as she climbed out of her car.

"Hey kid." he teased.

"Hey." she mumbled back.

"What's with the long face?" he asked as he sat on the fence post and pulled off his gloves.

"I got my progress report back."

He gave her a sympathetic smile and opened his arms.

"That bad huh?"

"I am failing Math, Science and Lit." she admitted.

He reached up and pulled her into a hug. "It will all work out. Remember God will work this out for your good."

"I didn't make these bad grades because I am not trying in class, I made them because I skipped and my teachers gave me zeros on those days." Caitlin explained.

"I see." Taylor said taking the list from her hand.

She wiped a stubborn tear away. "Rhye is going to kill me."

"He may be disappointed, but not murderous." Taylor teased.

"He is going to ground me until I am thirty. I will never get married or have kids. I will die alone." Caitlin said.

Taylor laughed a wiped a stray tear away from her face.

"I think Ryhe would be more upset with you dating than failing."

Caitlin laughed. "Yeah, he is trying to talk me out of prom." She was suddenly feeling better.

"Prom?"

"Yeah, you know that dance where everyone dresses up and takes pictures.." she teased.

"Ha ha funny smarty pants, I meant when it is?"

"Three weeks."

"H-has anyone asked you ?" Taylor asked. He mentally winced when his voice broke.

"Yeah, a lot of guys, but I turned them down." she said shrugging.

"Why?"

"I don't think they were interested with my stand on God." she said, making Taylor chuckle.

"They were more interested in seeing what was under your dress than your dress itself?"

"Basically."

"We'll at least you know you made the right decision at the end if the day. A decision I know God is pleased with."

"Yeah, and plus maybe God already has a guy in mind." she said as she stepped back from his embrace.

"I am going to talk to Rhye. Thank you for cheering me up." She said with a smile.

"No problem." he replied.

"I will keep you posted on my boyfriend status." she teased.

"Sweetheart, he's right under your nose, he just can't do anything about it." he mumbled when she was out of earshot.