«Chapter 2- The 'rabbit'»

«Hajime Hinata?»

I honestly don't know what I was expecting when a person bulked forward clutching a dinner platter, his huge hands clamped over the lid.
"Thank you, Nekomaru. Now, stand back everyone!" Sonia points one sharp,white finger at the platter. "Now,Reveal yourself creature!"
Nekomaru lifts the platter, cautiously, like it holds a snapping rattlesnake, or a venomous spider, or a poisonous crocodile. The lid inches open, finally revealing-

A rabbit in a pink dress.

"What is that?" I hiss. The situation is so odd that I put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing.
"I am Usami, your teacher! I would like to welcome you too dohrnii island! I-
«I renamed the island for symbolism reasons! It actually has a meaning but you'll have to wait and find out (or google it haha)»
"Dohrnii... island? You mean, we're on an island?" Nagito murmurs.
"Yes!" The rabbit hops of the platter with a boing. Nekomaru doesn't move to capture it, his eyes still focused on the teddy bear.
"This island has been specialised prepared for our class! So-"
"It's uninhabited? Nobody lives here?" The short boy snarls. "You've taken us to a random island? For what?"
"So we can kill each other?!" Nagito yelps.
"No! No, I would never! Violence is forbidden on Dohrnii island! This is an island of peace!" It squeals in it's sugar-sweet squeak.
"Ok, and why did we just turn up here?! Are you going to kill us?" A girl with crazy black,pink and blue hair shrieks.
"No! I would n-never!" The rabbit sobs. Tears leak from black dot eyes and seep into fluffy white fur. "Please, you're here to have fun! It's a school trip!"
"A school trip? Is this set up by Hope's Peak?" Sonia asks. She kneels down, skirts spread out like flower petals, as close to Usami as any of us will go.
"Y-yes! We're all here to have fun! Make friends with each other!" The rabbit squeaks. "Now, I have some important business to attend to-"
"No, you're not fucking leaving." The short boy seizes Usami from the ground, clutching her by the ears just like how a wolf devours its prey. "I wanna leave. Now."
"Awwwah! Unhand me at once!" Usami writhes in his iron-grip, shrieking. "Help! Help!"
"Fuyuhiko, drop Usami at once!" Sonia commands. Fuyuhiko swings her from side to side, a cruel smile curving his lips into a snarl.
"Nobody tells me what to do. Now you stupid rabbit, what's your plan?" He barks. "WHAT'S. YOUR. PLA-"

"That's enough, Fuyuhiko."
Chiaki snatches back Usami, clutching her plush body to her chest.
"I think we should listen to her. This has to be a school trip arranged by Hope's Peak. A welcome gift. We don't want to get in trouble." She declares clearly.
"Where are all the teachers then?" Someone pipes up.
"Yeah! This thing isn't a teacher!" Another voice yells.
"Well, maybe we have to work without any adults." Chiaki places Usami cautiously on the ground. "Like- um, a multiplayer game!"
"Yes! E-exactly! Now, I have some important business to attend to... stocks, paperwork, you know..." Usami inches closer to the door. "Oh yeah, Feel free to explore the island!" She smiles at Chiaki, scowls at Fuyuhiko and disappears out of the door.