«Chapter 8- It was me!»

«Hajime Hinata?»

"No. I didn't. I wish I had, but I didn't." She spits. "I tried to stab him, with the knife in his back, ok? It failed and he ran away like the coward he is!" Chiaki splutters, smiling and crying, and it's impossible to tell if she's laughing or sobbing.
"Well, that answers your question, Mahiru." Byakuya answers grimly. "But who drowned Teruteru?"
"We don't have anymore proof!" Cries Hiyoko.
"Well- we can cross some people off. Like Gundham, Nagito and Peko. They were all too weak to drown him." Byakuya crosses his arms.
"But that throws a few more people into suspicion. Namely, Hajime, Fuyuhiko and Kazuichi, as they were the people closest to the murderer."
"And you're fucking proof is?" Yells Fuyuhiko, banging his fist on the podium. "Oh yeah, none."
"I didn't kill Teru! We were friends!" Kazuichi moans, causing Fuyuhiko to yell
"You barely knew him!"
"Guys, we need more evidence! I think we should look at alibis." I announce. "The murder happened at 10:45- when did you attack Teru, Chiaki?"
"9:00 pm, at bedtime. I went to his room and brought him to the library." Her voice is monotone, all her emotions seeped away. "I already had written the note. I made him write a confession. Then I stabbed him in the back. Then I left. Happy?" She shrugs.
"Well, we were all in bed! So Chiaki, that's pretty fucking suspicious." Fuyuhiko snorts.
"All in bed?"
Yet again, Byakuya grabs our attention.
"Fuyuhiko, please share your alibi."
The room begins to close in on us.
"I was asleep! Dead asleep! I- where'd your evidence?!"
"I saw you and Peko at 10:00, walking to the library. Where Teru was?"
Fuyuhiko's voice raises higher and higher, his hands trembling.
"I- you-"
"It was me." Peko Pekoyama raises her hand. "I killed Teruteru." She looks pleadingly at her master.
"No- Peko- you can't take the blame!" Fuyuhiko yells. "It was me!"
"It was me! I killed him!"
"You can't take the blame Peko!"
"Young master, please."
Her voice crashes down on us like cement.
"No Peko. Everyone, it was me. I have this scratch on my arm from the knife." Fuyuhiko raises his arm, showing a thin, blue scratch on his arm. "I killed Teruteru, and that's final."
"Young master, please-"
"Pek, we need to vote." Fuyuhiko pleads. His own finger are raised in this final action. "We'll meet again, ok? Don't-" Tears sting his eyes; for the first time Fuyuhiko lets them fall.
"Don't do anything stupid. Don't hurt anyone."
"I refuse to vote!" Peko screams, but her voice is cut short by her master.
"That is an order, Pek. Please- let's just fucking get it over with." He smiles at Peko one last time, and marches towards her.
"Goodbye." He kisses her once on the lips, and turns to Monokuma.
"Let's get this other with."