«Chapter 1- What a relaxing breakfast... Wait-»

«Hajime Hinata?»

I do what I do everyone morning.
I try to remember.
I squeeze my eyes close, staring into the blackness, watching the blurry watercolour splodges materialise in front of them. First, I focus on my name- squeezing my eyes tighter, imagining the letters, imagining him and her saying it.
I can't remember anything.
I pull myself up from bed, rubbing my eyes to dissolve the spots. Standing under the shower, I let the water scrub away the memories ingrained in my skin. Yet Again, the memories return- Sonia, Akane, the blood, the execution. But I blink, and they disappear to crawl in the back rooms of my mind.

I wonder what I'll have for breakfast... 

I pause by Komeada's door, my hand raising automatically. My mind is still in squiggles, trying to decipher my feelings towards him. I'd like to be friends, maybe more... but who can I compare him to? I've never remembered anyone until now...
I knock on the door, listening to the inside. Silence.
I knock again, with my ear against the door.
"Nagito?"
I pause with my hand hovering above the door handle.
The doors have no locks...
No- I can't invade his privacy like that. Maybe he's in the shower, and can't hear me.
But I can't hear any water...

I reach the breakfast hall after a few minutes. Inside is Fuyuhiko,Kazuichi, Byakuya, Teruteru, Mikan, Mahiru, Hiyoko and Ibuki.
"Meow! Meow! Meow!" Yaps Ibuki as I walk in, waving. "That's hello Hajime in cat language!"
"Hey guys!" I deside to sit beside her and Mikan, pulling out a chair for Nagito when he arrives.
"Have you seen Peko?" Yells Fuyuhiko from his own table.
"No, I just walked up here. Why?"
Fuyuhiko surprises me by looking anything other than frustrated- but he looks scared...
"Well, I haven't seen her since yesterday. So if any of you have messed with her,I'll fucking kill you." He snarls.
"That's weird... I don't think Nagito was in his room this morning, I knocked but he didn't answer." I add.
"Chi-ch-Chiaki is missing aswell!" Mikan stammers.
"Ugh! You're voice is so annoying!" Squeaks Hiyoko.
"And Gundham!" Ibuki interrupts.
"Has anyone seen Monokuma hanging around? It could be to do with him." Byakuya adds.
There's another obvious answer, but everybody keeps that thought inside their head.
Just then, the door opens.
"Nagito! Oh, you're ok! Where were you?" I ask.
Komeada looks at me, his face blank until, Just like that, he bursts into tears.