«Chapter 3- I'm not going down without a fight»

«Hajime Hinata?»

"And I know who is."
The whole room snaps towards Nagito, who smiles at us all.
"What? Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Mahiru hisses.
"You knew this whole time?!" Yelps Kazuichi.
Komeada laughs quietly, his hands splayed over his mouth.
"I found a key piece of evidence at the crime scene." He laughs. "And it was all done to the positioning of a bloody footprint."
"What?! Where was it?" I hiss, my voice wavering between a whisper and a yell.
"There was a bloody footprint next to the boxes, near the handprint. If they were made at the same time, the person would have had to be almost in the splits. Now, that's sounds impossible..."
I finish of his train of though. "Except for the ultimate gymnast."
We all stare at them, our eyes wide, everyone's hearts beating in time.

Nekomaru's voice rings out. "A-akane?"

"IT WASN'T ME! How come your accusing ME now!" Akane screams, slamming down her fists. "I DIDN'T KILL SONIA!" The gymnast shrieks.
"You just making yourself more suspicious!" Nekomaru yells. "Akane, please-"
"NO! I DIDN'T KILL SONIA! I DIDN'T KILL SONIA!"
My head reels and my hands shake so much I clamp them onto the podium to stop my body from vibrating. Blood splotches seem to appear on her body from thin air, but I can't tell if they're my imagination or not."Akane, please. We have the proof-"
"YOU HAVE NO PROOF! WHAT IF THOSE FOOTPRINTS WHERE MADE AT DIFFERENT TIMES, HUH?" She hurls her words across the room.
"That wouldn't be possible." Nagito adds. "When blood gets on someone's foot, it gets smeared off as the person walks around. This one and the hand were both fresh."
"Give up, Akane! We've got you!" Hiyoko joins in.
"I- I- I'll- I'll- illillillillillilllillilil- I won't go down without a fight! Give it up! I didn't kill Sonia!" She bellows.
"Puhuhuhu~! Are we ready to make our-"
"NO!" Everyone screams.
I look around the room. Everyone is staring at Akane, some laughing some crying, some livid some heartbroken. A mess, a mess of emotions.
"Guys, I think we need to go over the case again." I explain. "Let's start at 6:00 am, where Chiaki talked to Sonia briefly. Sonia then walked to the storage room."
"Yeah, that definitely happened." Kazuichi gulps.
"Get on with it!" Fuyuhiko hisses.
"Alright. Sonia reached the storage room at probably around 6:25. Let's assume Akane was there. There was a scuffle and eventually Sonia was killed at 6:30. Akane and an unknown accomplice worked together to hide the body. Then at 7:00 we found Sonia." I finally finish, breathlessly.
"That makes sense." Peko's voice is like steel. "But who was the accomplice?"
"It doesn't matter. We need to vote." Nekomaru looks pleasingly at Akane, his dark eyes empty as caves. "I'm sorry Akane."
Akane looks at her feet.
"Ok. It was me. I'm so, so sorry."
"Sorry isn't going to fix anything." Chiaki speaks up for the first time since Akane was found out. "Sorry isn't going to bring Sonia back."
"I know. I-I'm not very good at words- I always used my fists, but- I guess that's what got me into this whole mess, huh?" Akane mutters. "But- Chiaki, Sonia- Sonia was going into the storage room to get you something. And her-her last words- they were- calling out for you."
A sharp cry splits through the air. Tears run down Chiaki's cheeks.
"Akane- you took my favourite person away from me." She sighs to herself. "But- maybe, one day, I'll forgive you." She whispers.
"Boo, hoo, boo, hoo!" Monokuma squeals.
"Now, let's get to it! It's PUNISHMENT TIME!"

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I tried making the end adequately sad but I don't know if I achieved that or not. Thanks for reading! Their execution is next.