«Chapter 5- Floating»

Two for gore I guess? And drowning

«Hajime Hinata?»

Dread. Boiling, thick dread crawls up my body as soon as I wake. I lay still, my eyes wide open,   praying it was a dream.
However, she screams again.
"Mikan!" I jolt up from the floor, my bare feet slapping the floor. "Mikan?"
"HAAAAAAAA! HELP ME!"
Her piercing scream echoes in my ears. I throw open the door to the outside, running past the huts, to the swimming pool-
The swimming pool swimming with blood.
Mikan seizes my arm, her eyes rolling with tears. We stare in horror at the body.

Ding dong bing bong! A body has been discovered!

"Teruteru..."
Teruteru'a body floats on top of the water, his face fixating on the blue tiles. A knife sticks out of his back like a spike.
"Hajime- help me!" Mikan buries her head in my arms. "Why is it always me-"
"Ok- Mikan, can you get the others?" However, a trickle of people have began to form. Ibuki takes a shuddering Mikan and I walk forwards to the crowd.
"Oh god..." Mutters Fuyuhiko.
Chiaki steps beside me, her face porcelain.
"Look. There's a note attached to the knife." She points to teruteru's back. His body floats over to us, and the knife beckons.
"Jesus... should we- pull it out?" I ask.
"I'll do it." Fuyuhiko reaches for the knife. His hand closes against the pearly handle and heaves it out. A note written in pink on cream paper is tied to the knife with black string.

𝒯𝑜 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝑒,

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓀𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓁𝒾𝒸𝑒.
𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 :)
𝐼𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓎.
𝐼 𝓀𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝒽𝒾𝓂 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓀𝓃𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝓇𝑜𝑜𝓂.
𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒,
𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝒷𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀𝑒𝓃𝑒𝒹!

"What the hell?!" Fuyuhiko crumples the note in his fists. He goes to rip it up, before a hand snaps forwards and snatches it off him.
"It's evidence!" Byakuya hisses. He straightens out the paper, studying the writing and I peer over his shoulder. The handwriting is neat, measured, not like someone who was rushing to complete it after stabbing someone, blood curdling on there arms.
"Fuck evidence! I don't want to solve murders anymore!" Fuyuhiko yells.
"Do you really think you have a choice?" Snorts Byakuya. "Three people are dead. Sonia, Akane and now Teruteru. We shall be going to trial soon, so let's investigate."
"Hey- what about Nagito, and Peko- and Gundham?" Kazuichi interrupts.
"Won't the be cured now?" I exclaim.
"At the trial." Chiaki answers, deadpan. "I asked Monokuma."
My stomach lurches.
"But- they won't be able to investigate! That's so unfair!" Kazuichi voices exactly what I am thinking.
"Is any of this fair?" Chiaki drones. "Well, I'm going to 'investigate'. See you soon."
my eyes flicker down to her shoes again. On the white material, the tiniest dribble of blood has been scrubbed clean. As if it never existed at all.