«Chapter 1- Fingerprints»

«Hajime Hinata?»

"Sonia... Sonia... I'm so sorry..." Sobs fill the air, as Chiaki crouches down by the body, trying desperately to rub some life into her friend's frozen,dead hands.
She raises her hand up to Sonia's golden hair, twisting it around her fingers. Her hands gently unwind the black hair ribbon on her head, bringing it forward. Then, she screams.
"AH! oh my god, her head. Her head!" Chiaki screeches. Her hands dart back, covered in blood.
I peer at the princess's head. At the back, covered in blood, matted with hair- there's a dent.
"Oh my god..." I mutter.
I feel someone pop up beside me.
"That must be how she died." Nagito reaches a pallid hand out to touch it.
"Don't touch her!" Chiaki darts in front of her body.
"I just want to investigate." Nagito steps closer, his voice laced with threat. "You want to find out who killed her, don't you?" He asks.
"What- who killed her? But..." Chiaki's body shudders, like a machine shutting down. "We... I..." Nagito simply pushes her to the side, crouching beside Sonia.
"I'm surprised that someone would kill so quickly, to be honest." He mutters. "Yeah, blunt force trauma. She probably was pushed into the wall, and then the killer moved these boxes to hide her body."
"But, I-I don't think so. The d-d-d-dent is really thin. I think she was- she hit it on a shelf." Mikan splutters. "Sorry! Your probably right!"

🆃🆁🆄🆃🅷 🅱🆄🅻🅻🅴🆃 🅰🅳🅳🅴🅳- Head injury

"No, I think your right. This looks like a shelf dent." A wave of grief rolls over me at my words, then a wave of nausea, then a wave of anger, like an ocean of emotion. Sonia was so sweet, so innocent, so fragile. Now, she lays shattered on the floor of a decrepit warehouse, like a China doll.
"Look- there's a blood splatter on the wall behind her. If the killer did hit her head onto the shelf, then the killer must have smeared the blood onto the wall." Nagito muses.
Killer. Killer. Nagito says it so calmly, like any other word. The word lodges in my throat like a shard of glass.

🆃🆁🆄🆃🅷 🅱🆄🅻🅻🅴🆃 🅰🅳🅳🅴🅳- Blood smear on the wall

"Wait..."
By the cardboard box, I spot a splodge of blue. A... a handprint.
"Look at this! It's a handprint!" I rush over, excitement and relief flowing through me. We can solve this! We can find out-
Time slows to a crawl.
Mikan steps forward, her foot sliding, slipping on the bloody handprint and our speck of proof is demolished.
"Mikan! Why did you do that?" I yell.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Mikan bursts into tears. Her tears dampen my fury.
"I'm sorry, Mikan. I didn't mean it." I mutter.
"Oh my god, there's literally a murder right here. Are we seriously going to argue right now?" Komeada groans. "Anyway, we can still get some evidence from the size of the handprint."

🆃🆁🆄🆃🅷 🅱🆄🅻🅻🅴🆃 🅰🅳🅳🅴🅳- small bloody handprint

"It looks like a smaller hand. That rules out a lot of people- me and you, Nagito." Mikan sniffles behind me.
"See? No need to get angry about." Komeada laughs.
"Ok. And also- these boxes are really heavy. It would take someone really strong to lift them." I add.

🆃🆁🆄🆃🅷 🅱🆄🅻🅻🅴🆃 🅰🅳🅳🅴🅳- Heavy boxes

Ding dong bing bong!
"What? We've barely had any time!" I exclaim.
Please make your way to the class trial room. Good luck!
"I suppose we must go." Komeada murmurs hopefully.
Mikan wails I'm despair. "NOO! I'm so scared!"
As we walk to the mountain, my mind beats like a drum. This is it. We have to find Sonia's killer.
Before it's too late.