«Chapter 4- Stay with me»

Chiaki's a bit ooc in this because I'm going to be changing her character a bit!
Also cw for v//miting.

«Hajime Hinata?»

The hospital is eerily silent as I pad though, every now and then peering through the cracks in the doors. Each one is empty, except for a staring council of medical equipment, melted into shadowy monsters by the sunset.
"Mikan?" I hiss, and my voice careens onto every wall, echoing my call back and forth. "Mikan? Mi-"
"Hajime."
Chiaki looks up at me, her face set in a resolved line.
"Where have you been all day?" I hiss. "Are you sick? There's been a new motiv-"
"I know." She cuts in. "I've been... busy." She wipes a hand over her face, which looks blotchy and flushed.
"I- I mean, I'm sorry Chiaki. I know this is hard-"
"No, Hajime, you don't know." She buzzes, her red-rimmed eyes narrowing. "You don't know what it's like. It's hell. How would you feel if Nagito died? You've known him for like, 3 days. I knew Sonia for fucking 3 years. So you don't know. So please get out of my way." She slips past my frozen hands and stumbles away, and my eyes flicker down to her shoes. On the white material, there's the tiniest dribble of blood. Before I can yell, she's turned the corner and hurried away.

            █▓▒­░⡷⠂ΓIMΞ SҜIP⠐⢾░▒▓█

3:00 am
I check they watch I found in the storage room, sighing. Chiaki's words cartwheel around my head, taunting me in the pitch darkness. The linoleum floor feels like a sheet of ice, about to crack any minute. I don't care. Beside me, Nagito turns around again and mumbles something in his sleep. Then it's completely silent again. The darkness presses down on my chest, harder and harder.
Beside me, Nagito suddenly twists around in the sheets and chokes into a bowl beside the bed. The sticky smell of vomit rises up and settles in the room and the quiet plip-plop of tears falling begins again.
"Ah, don't worry. I'm sure it'll stop soon." I stumble to my feet and stroke his hair. He can't even raise his head, his head is dripping with sweat and when he struggles to grab my hand his fingers feel like porcelain.
"It hurts. I feel so terrible, all the time. I don't- I don't know how much longer I can go on for." He weeps.
"You'll be fine. I'm sure we can find a cure. There has to be one." I try to reassure him, but we both know there's only one cure. It seemed so vile before, but now...
Would I kill for him? It's the only way to stop- he's not going to die I try to reassure myself.
He won't.  But I can't stop thinking it and a plan begins to form before I can stop it.

Hope you enjoyed! Get ready for the Next chapter... there may be another victim... but who will it be?