«Chapter 5- Two foxes»

«Hajime Hinata?»

Far away, the tinny screech of Monokuma rings out. His words are distorted by distance, but in the silence it's like a wake up-call.
"No... no no no no no!" Mikan sobs, falling to her knees. "Not again... not again!"
"Kazuichi... I'm sorry..." Gundham murmurs, crouching down beside the boy's broken body,
his twisted eyes gazing up at nothing.
"Right, we need to get out of here and find Nekomaru, Nagito, Mahiru and Hiyok-"
"We're right here!" Mahiru and Hiyoko pop out from out of the door. "We were tied up... away from you guys..." She pants, wiping streaks of sweat from her head.
Byakuya surveys the two girls suspiciously. "That makes sense- the fox's must be targeting Hiyoko."
"The fox's?" Peko hisses.
Byakuya rolls his eyes, his hands of his round hips.
"Have you not seen the fox's chasing us? Has anyone else seen any?" Like a shard of ice, the vision of the fox pierced my skin.
"We saw one. Mikan, Nagito and I. It was like, bent over, with a white robe and a fox's mask." I explain, shuddering at the harsh memory.
"It was running away from us- around us. Then we were knocked out."
"That's-"
Mahiru cuts off Peko eagerly. "Guys, we need to get out of here! We can talk at the trial. Come on, let's go!"
"We're stuck!" Ibuki slaps the wall like a drum beat.
"Let's go back the way we came!" Mahiru leads the way, her hands the on the door.
Mikan begins to protest, but Hiyoko cuts her off again. "No- it's too dark. It's-"
"Shut up you ugly pig! Come on, let's just go!" She snorts.
Normally I would expect this from from Hiyoko, but she speaks joltily, like she's spitting out words before she runs out of time.
"Let's just get out of here." Peko mutters sourly.
We stumble into the stifling room, hands held out wildly to stop ourselves banging into the chairs, eyes blinking rapidly.  I reach out to feel for a door- but a desperate scream rings out as soon as I touch the doorknob.
"AaAaAH!"
Another scream rings through the air, but this time Mikan barrels into me, her arms swinging like windmills. She smack into the wall with a crash, creating a strip of white.
"Mikan, you ugly- wait, you found the door!"
In a desperate scramble, everybody rushes outside into the forest.
"Mikan, are you alright?" I ask, pulling her up from her... worrying position on the floor.
"I'm sorry! I S-slipped on these c-cloaks." Wound around her legs like bandages are two white cloaks. As I pull them away, I realise they're speckled with blue and attached to something.
Two fox masks.