«Chapter 6- Handshakes and shaking hands»

«Mikan Tsumiki»

I hold my hand over my nose, trying not to breathe in the musty, papery smell of a thousand books stacked together.
"The paper might come from this box here." Byakuya waddles over to a box in the corner, picking up a box with surprising ease. I turn away to study the shelf- before Ibuki yells right in my ear.
"Look! There's a hole!"
Byakuya snorts, shaking his head. "There's no way- what?!"
A minute hole, only big enough for a very small person, is cracked into the wall, behind the boxes.
Ibuki crouches down to investigate, shuffling inside.
"Ibuki can't fit! Ibuki is sad now!" Ibuki moans.
"You'd have to be really short to get in there." Hajime crouches down, trying to fit his arm inside. "Hey, why don't we find Fuyuhiko and ask him. He's pretty short."
"I'm right here."
Fuyuhiko saunters into the room, his hands shoved nonchalantly his pockets. His voice carries along then room with ease, like he's used to shouting. My throat, still sore from screaming, aches in sympathy.
"What do you shits want." He grumbles.
"We were wondering if you could crawl in here! Important proof could be contained in this very hole!" Ibuki points at the hole.
Fuyuhiko blinks. "What?"
"You're the only one small enough, so..." Byakuya gestures towards the hole.
"Fine, fine. I'll give you a deal, though." He looks at us all and a shiver passes down my spine, like a drip of icy water.
"If I do this... you'll believe my alibi. Because I didn't kill Teruteru. I was asleep at 10:00."
"Deal." Byakuya shakes his hand, Fuyuhiko's hand dwarfed by his huge paws. His other hand is behind his back.
His fingers are crossed.
Byakuya looks directly at me and mouths a single phrase.
"He's lying."

      █▓▒­░⡷⠂ΓIMΞ SҜIP⠐⢾░▒▓█

Fuyuhiko emerges from the hole, his hands full of letters and paper.
"Found this." He lays it on the floor. "Same paper used in the letter, right? So they must have been able to fit in here." He announces.
"And they're's nowhere else on the island that his this stuff... very interesting..." Byakuya comments, studying the paper.
"That's useful! Now we can-" Hajime starts, before his voice is sliced off by that announcement.
My legs turn into jelly and I fall to the floor.
"It's time, guys." Hajime mutters. "Let's go."