«Chapter 3- Looking after Nagito»

«Hajime Hinata?»

"O-ok, w-we need to find hospital gowns, a-and fresh sheets, a-and painkillers." Mikan seems to transform into a brand new person, her voice raised, pushing through the stutter. We all sit around her on a circular table. Almost all of us. Chiaki still hasn't turned up.
We searched the island for Gundham and Peko, and eventually found Gundham in his room and Peko on the beach.
"Ok, and where are going to find them?" Hiyoko snips, leaning out of her chair towards Mikan menacingly.
"There has to be stuff like that in the warehouse." I point out. "And wasn't there a hospital-like place near the medicine pl-"
"All the medicine is destroyed!! Because of me!" Sobs Nagito from the corner of the room.
"I don't need medicine! Who needs medicine? I'm not ill!" Peko gabbles from beside him, her voice blurring together, her legs swinging wildly on her chair.
Gundham doesn't say anything. He hasn't said anything this entire time.
"Oh, I've seen the hospital. It doesn't have anything I-I-inside, but we can isolate the patients t-there." Mikan splutters. I turn around quickly.
"Isolate?"
Mikan points shakily to the three people sitting away from the group, against the far wall.
"The d-disease could be infectious- we don't want anyone else to get it."
I pause, thinking back to what Monokuma told us. He basically told us- nothing. No symptoms, except personality transplants, no information...
"There's no cure. Monokuma- he never said about a cure." The group of 13 all look at each other, the real on everyone's lips.
Murder.
"We are NOT murdering anyone else! There's already been too many dead!" Hisses Mahiru. "We can't let it happen again! We have to look after Peko, Nagito and Gundham!"
"The people who are planning on murdering won't care about that." Byakuya comments darkly. "And those with the despair disease will be the most at risk. I propose we have someone with them at all times, like a guard, to prevent a likely murder."
"Sure! That sounds good." I sigh with relief in my head at the opportunity to stay with Nagito. In the milky morning light, he looks like a little ghost.
"Ok, let's go!" Ibuki leaps up from her chair. "Operation become nurses COMMENCE!"

  █▓▒­░⡷⠂ΓIMΞ SҜIP⠐⢾░▒▓█

"Come on Nagito, you need to eat."
I've spent the last hour with Nagito, who has either been crying, talking about hope- obviously- or pretending to be asleep.
"Whyyyyyy." He moans, his face flushed pink from the barrage of tears dripping from his ruby-rimmed eyes.
"Come on. Eat it." «flashbacks to that scene» I wave the plate around his nose.
"Why are you being so meannn." I wipe another tear off his face before it can trickle down his cheek.
"I'm not. You need to eat though."
"I'm not hungry." He mumbles. "I feel so sick."
"Even if you can't keep it down, just try, ok? I'll listen to you talk about hope if you do." I offer, even though the thought of it makes me yawn, but at least he's passionate about it. He considers the offer and, finally, he takes a bite of the toast, eating it without stopping.
"Ok, I'm done." He smiles for the first time for ages. "Now I can talk about hope."
For once, I don't even mind. I just like seeing him happy.

Thank you for 500 reads! I have a question. For the next chapter, would you like Komahina, Soudam, Bandaid or Fuyupeko? Thanks for reading!