Part 28

"I'll live in pain"

(Trigger warning ahead! also cursed = flashback)

-

"Eren look! We can almost see whats behind the walls!" (Y/N) said to Eren as she pointed to the wall Maria. Both of them were standing on a mountain.

"I wish I could see whats behind them" Eren said as he lied down onto the green grass. He closed his eyes and imagined what would be behind the walls. As he opened his eyes again he could see (Y/N) laying next to him. Her eyes were closed and he began to stare at your beautiful face.

As she opened her eyes, she began to smile. "Idiot, don't look at me like that." she mumbled.

"I'm not.." he said in a soft tone. (Y/N) began to laugh. "What's so funny?" Eren asked her with a confused look on his face.

"I'm happy to be here with you, I wish we could stay like this forever.." (Y/N) gasped. Her words meant a lot to Eren. He snuggled closer to her and put his arm around her shoulders.

"Me too.." He said as he watched the sunset. The sky was bright orange.. The air was warm. And (Y/N) felt save in Erens arms.

"Someday we'll be free. I'll free us from this walls! I promise!" He promised. (Y/N) looked him in the eyes.

"I believe you.." she said as she fell asleep in his arms.

-

POV (Y/N)

"Eren... I just had a flashback.. When you promised me that we'll be free.." I cried while holding the bars of his cell. Eren gave me a sad gaze.

"You'll be free without me..." He muttered under his breath. He tried not to cry but failed. Tears began to roll down his cheek. "promise me.." He sobbed.

I couldn't believe what he said. And i couldn't believe that they wanted to kill him. I didn't even think about him being dead.

"Eren.. I can't be happy-"

"shut up (y/n).. You idiot! Please promise me you'll be free without me!" Eren yelled hurt. His eyes were filled with pain. I looked him deep in his wet eyes. I know I couldn't keep that promise but if it's his last wish then I have to fulfill it.

"I promise.." I said. I was stuck in this moment. I was hurt by my own words. I didn't want to believe anything. It's all my fault. It's my fault that they want to kill him. It's all my fault. I was so stupid to join that plan. I should've died. And now he's the one. I'm a bad person.

"Thank you.." He answered.

Suddenly we heard steps which were coming closer and closer. It was Levi with Erwin. Erwin gave me a guilty gaze while Levi didn't seem to care. The tall blond man had a key in his hand, it was for Erens cell. I just knew it was.

"Please don't!" I cried loud. Tears spread all over my face. My heart began to race and my body started to shiver.

"Shut up brat." Levi ordered but I didn't listen. I ran towards him and punched him in the face.

"I'll kill you!" I screamed in pain. Levi stroked over his cheek. I could tell that he was angry.

"Wasn't bad (Y/N).." He uttered. I gave him a shocked look as Erwin handed him the key.

I wanted to run against Levi to prevent that he'll open the door but Erwin held me by my wrist.

"Please let go! Don't!" I screamed. Erwin looked at me and pulled me closer to him so that I couldn't move. I wriggled like crazy. But gave up after a while because I ran out of strength