chapter 1 ~ thrift store trash

"7:15, monkeys. Come on."  I could hear Fiona yell as I shoved my head farther under my pillow.

If you think you're sleep schedule is shit, try sharing a room with three boys. I tried to convince Fiona to let me move in with Debbie but that just got a bunch of fits from my brothers not wanting to share a room with Liam.

"The bathroom's mine" I yelled, quickly hoping off my top bunk. That was another thing that sucked, only having one shower.

"You had it yesterday" Lip exclaimed as I pushed past him. I stood my ground in the doorway, sticking out my tongue to signify that I had one.

"Make it quick Cass" Fiona called from the kitchen as I quickly began my process of getting ready.

Not that anyone cares but I'd say my clothing style was "thrift store trash". We didn't have a lot of money, and clothing was definitely not one of our first priorities, so I spent a lot of time thrifting my clothes.

picture like a cheaper version of the clothes i use

I quickly threw my hair up before rushing down the stairs before Lip broke down the door

"Electric" I called, handing my share of the bills over to Debbie. "You have a happy meal on the front of your shirt."

I tossed Carl a clean-ish shirt from the pile to which I received a middle finger. I returned the action before pulling down the box of cereal. Sure it was past the expiration date but in this house, that doesn't mean its old.

"You're almost nine, you're gonna have to start pulling your weight" I muttered, pouring the little ones their breakfast. I mean I was about Debbie's age when I got my first job. Frankly it was house sitting for the old lady at the end of the street, but I still earned some money.

"Someone has to take Liam" Fiona sighed as I shoved my lunch into my bag.

"Sorry Fi, Cass and I have work" Ian answered for the both of us. I quickly gave her a hug before running out of the house.

I usually wait for Ian, but today was different. I had a presentation first period and there was no way I was going to be late because he wanted to walk like an 80 year old grandma.

"Gallagher!" A voice called as Mandy Milkovich came running over to me.

Technically the Milkovich's and Gallagher's weren't supposed to like each other. I guess it had something to do with Frank and Terry feuding in the past, but Mandy was cool. I mean she was basically the only one in the family I could tolerate.