chapter 17 ~ i got attached

"Morning Cass, you going to school?" Fiona asked, handing me a PB and J.

"Have to work, Mandy's getting my stuff though" I muttered, taking a bite of the sandwich.

I threw on my boots before making my way out of the house. With Ian going to school today, Mickey and I had the entire place to ourselves, minus the customers obviously.

And we all know what that meant....

"Hello kids"  A voice rang as I pushed Mickey off of me

"Hello kids"  A voice rang as I pushed Mickey off of me. "Front door was locked so I came in through the back"

Fuck, it was Frank.

I quickly pulled up my jeans, running towards the register all nonchalantly.

"As you were daughter" He smirked before walking out of the store. 

Shit, I was a dead girl walking.

"We got to kill him" Mickey muttered, walking out of the cold room. "No one will miss him. We just shoot him in the head and dump his body in the river"

"As fun as that sounds, we can't kill my dad" I snapped, flipping off the customer who was trying to get in.

Frank was an asshole but even I wouldn't stoop that low.

"He has a lousy drunk memory anyways, I'll talk to him"

"Cut his hands off, pull out his teeth, can't be identified" For the love of god he was spiraling like a lunatic.

"Mickey!" I yelled, slapping him across the face. "You need this job for your probation, I'll handle it"

He looked at me with anger before storming out of the store.

For fuck's sake we were doomed....

I waited for him to go out of view before running out the opposite way. I had a nag of where Frank would be, I just needed to get there first.

"Jack Daniels and orange juice mix better than I expected" He slurred as I pulled the bottle out of his hand.

"Listen Frank, Mickey think's you're going to tell people what you saw" I whispered angrily.

"Ding dong ditch this to your grandmother" He ordered, handing me a plastic bag. I rolled my eyes as he got up from the steps and walked back out the front gate.