chapter 59 ~ here comes the bride

"Alrighty cinnamon waffles for my boys" I placed the plates in front of Liam and Mickey, handing Ian a warm bottle for Moni.

"Cass, do we have an iron?" Carl came running down the stairs all freaked out.

"Above the washer....are you wearing cologne?"

Apparently he was determined to look all nice for his girlfriend Dominique. I only met her once when he asked Mick for a condom but I could already tell I didn't like her. She just gave off that bad vibe y'know?

"There's no wedding stuff tonight right?" I sent a glare to Mick who slowly sipped on his coffee.

"Relax Mickey...you're good until tomorrow"  I handed a towel to my twin because if he was gonna feed her, he was gonna burp her too. "I have to go pick up Lip at the police station....make sure she's dressed so we can head to the clinic when I get back"

"Wait, Lip got arrested?"

"Don't fucking ask"

I pulled up to police station where my very idiot brother was waiting for me

I pulled up to police station where my very idiot brother was waiting for me. I didn't have the full details but apparently he got wasted and then smashed a few cars at his college.

"You look like shit" I muttered, passing him an extra coat. His eyes were all sunken in and I couldn't tell if he looked more like me with a baby....or Frank. "You're creepy professor called, you smashed his windows with a tire iron?"

I didn't even know the guys name but apparently he bailed my brother out and wasn't going to press charges. And that's all I needed to fucking hear.

"I'm gonna say something and you're gonna get pissed at me" I sighed nervously. "This isn't the first time...you getting drunk an all"

"I know what you're gonna say Cass, but don't. I'm not like Frank"

"I mean I said the same thing about mom and here we are"

I guess sometimes it just takes a little bit of pushing to realize how much help you really need. And I know he's my brother and everything but I just couldn't see him go down the same path as our dad.

"You took a swing at a campus cop Lip.....now you're looking at being expelled" I pulled the cigarette from his mouth, smashing it under my heel. "You better show up to that court hearing okay? Because i'm not letting you around my daughter if you're always drunk"

I could tell my words barely affected him but I didn't have time to argue. Moni's first wellness checkup was today and I could not afford to be late....