chapter 20 ~ he's under my skin

"Go, go, go" Lip yelled as him, Ian, and I raced out of the Lakeside Technology building.

Lip apparently needed to steal some nerdy science thing and there was no way I was letting him and my twin do it alone.

"I need to work out more" I groaned as we raced down the alley. The security guards were hot on our tail but there was no way I was going to let them arrest me.

"I hate you's both!" Ian called as we raced across the roof of a building.

I held my brother back as the two of us almost went flying over the edge.

"No way Westpoint takes you with a felony conviction" Lip laughed as I watched Ian jump down to the building below us.

I quickly kissed my brother on the cheek before grabbing the bag and following after him.

"Catch you at the courthouse" He yelled up before we took off running. "You coming with or heading home?" He asked once we made sure no one else was following us.

"Home, Debbie's still worked up about this whole Frank thing"  I muttered.

Our dad went missing 137 days ago after he beat the crap out of me, again, and no one's seen or heard from his since. But you won't catch me crying if he shows up dead somewhere.

Plus I really didn't want to be there when Mandy found out my brother got arrested, since the two of them we're like dating or something.

"Hey, i'm making dinner, any requests?" I asked as I approached the house. Debbie just shrugged as she continued to decorate the front of our fence. "He'll show up eventually"

In all honestly I hoped that wasn't true but you had to walk on eggshells around Debbie when it came to Frank.

Our fridge was pretty empty since Fiona hadn't gone shopping, so everyone was going to have to suck up eating grilled cheese.

I pulled out the ingredients and pan just as my dumbass brother's came walking into the house.

"Grilled cheese, again?" Ian groaned as I pulled Mandy into a hug.

"If someone goes shopping then we'd have other food to make" I snapped. "Until then, if you don't like it, starve."

Mandy began helping me butter up the bread as I tried my best to turn on the stove. No matter how many meals I had cooked there, it always gave me a heart attack when the flames burst.

"You staying the night?" I asked as I began placing the cheese in the pan.

Since Mandy and Lip got together, she had been crashing at our place most nights. And with Frank gone my brother had taken over his room, so I really didn't have a problem with it.

As long as it kept me from sharing a room with 4 boys instead of 5, I was all set.

"If that's fine with you" She laughed, handing me the spatula.

"I'm not spending the night so it's whatever" I smiled. I was going over to Ned's so he could help me with my trigonometry homework, among some other things.