chapter 74 ~ meth and graverobbing

"Fucking Monica, ruining our lives, even in death" Lip snapped as I silently fed Moni her breakfast. I mean this whole thing was kinda my fault so I figured it was best to not say anything.

"There's no fucking way we can come up with 70 grand in meth" Carl muttered as I darted my eyes to the floor.

"Well we wouldn't have to if someone didn't bury it with our dead mother"

Yeahhh that person was me. But did I have any regrets about doing so? Nope, not one bit.

"Well maybe that person whoever he or she may be...thought it was a good thing at the time" I handed my daughter to Mickey as my siblings all sent me glares. "I now know, that was not the case"

I placed the bowl of mashed bananas into the sink, dumping my burnt coffee along with it. Even our coffee pot was hating on me for what I did...fuck I get it now.

I get that I shouldn't have buried the meth with our dead mother....

"Look it's not like that whackado knows where we live" I muttered as I began walking up the stairs "We just have to stay away from the storage locker, the cemetery, and most importantly....keep this shit away from Fiona"

It wasn't that I didn't want our sister to know, it was that she would go ballistic if she did. And with Patsy's and her being a landlord, she really didn't need more added to her plate.

I made my way into my room, pushing the pile of clothes off my bed. After giving birth to Moni it was like none of my good shirts fit me anymore....fucking boobs.

"You doing okay?" Mickey's voice rang as I plopped down on the bed. "You seem all antsy"

Antsy...yeah that was one word for it.

"I can't shake it off...the drug dealer chasing us" He placed Moni into her chair before taking the spot next to me. "Gallagher's aren't normal but this....it just feels wrong. I don't know maybe I shouldn't have buried the meth, at least then my siblings would still like me"

He wrapped his arm my shoulders, gently pulling me closer to him. He never really knew how to talk about things but it never really bothered me.

At least he was always still there.

"Your mother died. That kind of thing changes you" I closed my eyes, quietly listening to his heartbeat. "Maybe you should talk to someone....a grief counselor or some shit"

A grief counselor? God fucking no...

"Yeah well, I'd rather talk to you"