chapter 43 ~ is home really paradise?

Today was the day. I was finally getting released from this shit hole.

Now don't get me wrong the psych ward wasn't so bad, but I was really going to enjoy taking a shower that actually got hot.

And don't get me started on being able to wear clothing that didn't feel like it was made out of paper.

"Here are your clothes, place you're scrubs in the bag when you're done" One of the nurses smiled.

I took my belongings from her, shuffling my way into the bathroom. I mean if you could even consider it a bathroom.

The door had gaps at the top and bottom so the nurses could keep an eye on you and it could never be closed. None of the faucets had edges and the mirror wasn't even real glass.

You know what, I take it back. I was glad to be leaving this place.

I slipped into the shorts and t-shirt I was wearing when I got locked up. They took my belt though....which was kinda disappointing.

I handed the nurse the hospital attire before she led me down the hallways towards the doctors office.

God I was already dreading who i'd see behind that door.

"Hi baby" Fiona smiled, pulling me into a hug. I looked over her shoulder where Ian and Lip were watching me cautiously.

Ian....he showed up.

"Did you hear the news?" I whispered, pulling away from her. "Monica gave me the crazy genes"

"Let's get you home kid" Lip sighed, wrapping his arm around me.

Home...I was finally going home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look who's finally home" Ian cheered as I sludged into the kitchen.

"Cassie" Debbie smiled, engulfing me in a hug. God did she get taller? I was only gone a few days but she seemed like she got taller.

"It's like a great big family reunion" Sammi cheered as I sent her a glare.

Why the fuck were her and Chuckie still in our house? Carl hadn't run them off yet?

I felt someone tugging on my leg as I looked down to find Liam practically hanging off me. I popped him on my hip, placing a kiss to the top of his head.

"I missed you nugget" I laughed, sitting him down in his chair. "Where's Carl?"

I know he was still pissed at me...for what i'm not sure, but I at least thought he would be there to welcome me home.

Who am I kidding, no I didn't.

"I think he's at work" My younger sister shrugged. Work....since when did he have a job?

"There's tons of breakfast, want some coffee?" Lip asked, holding up my coffee mug. Glad to see no one else had put their gross lips on my drinking glass.