chapter 8 ~ here lie's Frank Gallagher

"That sucker really shouldn't have offered us five dollars" I laughed, making my way over to Kash and Grab.

Some trucker guy gave Lip a Lincoln to watch his meat truck, which we obviously didn't do. So now half our block was gonna be eating good for days.

"What the fuck happened?" I asked, looking over at Ian. He was standing behind the counter with the grossest black eye in history. "Was it Mickey?" I snapped angrily.

He refused to meet my eyes which meant that the answer was a big fat yes.

"He took the gun after Kash pulled it on him" He muttered. Seriously? If Kash was the one to pull the gun why the hell would my idiot brother get involved.

I rolled my eyes, quickly stocking the shelves before the hoard of barbeque goons came in. If there was one thing you could count on in this town, it was stealing product from newbies.

"I'm going to kill him" I snapped after a few moments of thinking. I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to kill him, but I knew I wasn't going to let him get away with hurting my brother.

I handed Ian the box of products before storming out of the store. I could hear him calling after me, but even he knew better than to get in the way.

As I approached the Milkovich house, I noticed a "welcome home dad" banner hanging above their porch.

Crap. I forgot Terry got released from prison today.

I pounded on the front door, holding my breath that he wasn't home. I knew he hated Frank but I wasn't exactly sure what his reaction would be if he knew Mandy and I were friends.

"Where's Mickey?" I asked, once the girl opened up the door.

"Downstate, picking up our dad from prison" She replied. That's all I needed to hear before I brushed past her in search of his room.

The door with the "stay the fuck out" sign was my best bet so that's where I ran too. My vision was clouded with anger as I began tearing the place apart. One half of me was looking for the gun but the other half was just mad he laid his hands on my brother.

"Cassie!" Mandy yelled, grabbing my shoulders.

"'ll kill him if he ever hurts Ian again" I snapped. "And tell him I want that gun back. Tonight" I muttered before storming back out of the house.

I was in no mood to face Kash, who let my brother get beat up, but I still had to finish my shift in order to make money, so....

"I swear to god Kash, you're dead-" I could barely get my sentence out before all eyes turned on me.

Linda raised her eyebrows, as I looked over at the guy who was installing new security cameras. I guess there goes Ian and Kash's illegal randevou.

"Anything you need to add Cassandra" She asked, looking me in the eyes. God I hated when she used my full name. I shook my head too afraid to say anything else. "Four cameras. Every square inch covered. From now on, I am the eye in the sky"

I plastered a fake smile on my face still too stunned to move. As I've said before, Linda terrified me.

I waved her goodbye before turning back to my boss. Ian quickly held me back before I went all kung fu panda on the guy.