chapter 26 ~ day drinking

It had been some time since the wedding and honestly, today was the first day I actually felt like myself.

I hadn't talked to Mickey or even seen him since that night and for once in my life, I was fine with that.

Mandy spent an entire week being pissed at me, but I think she was finally getting over the whole "being in love with her brother" thing

"You have ROTC the last day before winter break?" I asked as I noticed my twin dressed in camo.

"Yeah some sort of winter ceremony, see you later" He said, ruffling the top of my hair. I swatted him away before watching him run out the front door.

And my family said I was the weird twin...

"I'm heading out, i'm proud of you Lip" I smiled, pulling him into a hug.

Oh right, my brother was getting his diploma today. Which meant he would be the first Gallagher to actually finish high school!!

 Which meant he would be the first Gallagher to actually finish high school!!

"I don't wanna be late" I called as I could hear Lip running on my heels.

I wasn't actually going anywhere particular but I just needed to get away from my family. It was like they were always walking around eggshells around me.

"I'm glad to see you out of bed" He sighed, catching up to me. "I thought we were going to have to put you on suicide watch"

"I've moved on Lip, i'm not gonna go pull a Monica" I muttered, cracking a small smile.

I still hadn't seen her since she was released from the psych ward, but that was another thing I was completely fine with.

"I guess the good thing about falling for Mickey Milkovich, is you can always find someone better"

The two of us parted ways as I watched him run off to the school, I on the other hand, was heading somewhere else.

"Hit me, Kate!" I called as I walked into the Alibi.

"I'm obligated to see an I.D" She muttered as I took the seat in front of her. I reached into my pocket, pulling out an I.D that clearly stated I was 21.

She just rolled her eyes before pouring me a glass of whiskey.

"Make that two!" A voice slurred as Frank slid into the stool next to me. I guess he wasn't the only one who needed to day drink.