Addicted

He gave you a different kind of high than any drug ever could.

He was addictive and you couldn't get enough of him

His infectious laugh, and bright smile made you want to fall apart.

He was better than anything else in this world. And maybe that's what made it worse when he left.

You were so addicted to the feeling of him that when it was gone it was like being an addict that couldn't get their daily fix.

You were on a search to find something, anything that gave you the same feeling as if you were with him.

But nothing worked.

Nothing in the world compared to the feelings he gave you.

He made you feel like you were the only two people in the world and so when his blue eyes stopped shining a light on your life, the high faded and you were left a sober mess with no sense on how to get back to who you were before him.

You needed a fix so you turned to anyone that could give you a shred of what he could.

You filled your lungs with weed and you're head with thoughts of being on top of the world.

So climbing on the room of the shabby one story house with a bottle of jack Daniels in you're hand yo shout into the world

"I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD"

And as the night gives silence in return yo laugh to yourself letting the tears fall and you're mascara run because you are so far from the top and only digging yourself further into the whole he created when he left.

"Fuck" you say to yourself because no one else is round to listen.

So you open you climb down and go back inside in a desperate attempt to get back the high you so desperately miss