Suspicion

It was late
He should be home by now
Normally she wouldn't worry
But after seeing what was all over social media
She started to.

She decided against texting him again, her 4 messages and 2 missed calls were enough of a hint to him that she wanted to talk.

It was 8:43 when he opened the door and walked inside.Over an hour after he said he'd be home.

"Sorry i'm late, there was so much traffic it was crazy." He said, taking his coat off.

She stood in front of him, arms crossed, and face straight staring at him.

"What?" He asked like he was confused as to why she was upset.

"I called you. And texted. You didn't answer"

"I know, I was about to text you back and then my phone died and I didn't have a charger. I'm sorry" He said stepping closer to her.

"I was worried about you" She said as he interlocked their fingers.
She wanted to pull away, but his hands fit so perfectly in hers.

"I know. It won't happen again" He says kissing her on the cheek.

She steps back.

"What's wrong?"

"I saw twitter...Who is she"

"Who is who?" He said as if he didn't know

"That girl you were with"

She wasn't the jealous type. She knew a lot of the girls he worked with and was friends with a lot of them. But seeing him all over social media laughing and smiling with a girl she didn't know when he was supposed to be working. It made her heart sink.

He twisted his face in confusion before realizing who she was talking about

"She's a cinematographer, we went to lunch to see if she'd be interested in shooting my next video" He said his blue eyes piercing hers "That's it"
She felt stupid for worrying. Of course there was a good explanation, she should have known he wouldn't hurt her he was better than that.

"I'm sorry" she said

"Don't be" he told her

"It's just everyone was saying how happy you looked and how cute you two were and it hurt because we can't do that. we can't go out in public and hold hands" She said a tear slipping out of her cheek.

She knew why they were a secret. It was for her protection. Some fans didn't go crazy and she could avoid the hate. But that didn't mean it didn't hurt to see him be so touchy with someone else even if it was harmless.He wrapped his arms around her pulling her close to him. She loved when he did that It made her feel safe.

"I hate it too." He said "But believe me it won't always be like this, when I release my next album I want you by my side when I do it, and I want the world to know your mine". He brushed a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Really?"

"Yes. I love you, I am so in love with you, you make me happy, you have supported me and I would never do anything to hurt you or to risk losing you" He said, wiping her tears.

"I love you too" She said a small smile on her face as he wrapped his arms around her again.
And she once again felt safe.